18. My First Lie...Sort Of

*Edited*

Don't bother asking me how I was able to get up and get ready for school the next morning because I honestly had no idea how I was able to do it. By the time I had gotten home last night and had fallen asleep, it was almost two in the morning which only gave me a few hours of sleep at most.

So, I wasn't surprised to see the grossed out looks I received when I walked into first period math class the next morning. I sat down in my seat, took out my notebook that should've had all my math notes in it but actually had hundreds of doodles in it instead, and continued to draw random stuff.

Ever since Elijah claimed the seat behind me, Chase Collins hasn't tried approaching me...not that I minded, but I'd rather have him sit behind me than Elijah.

Especially right now as a pen was being relentlessly poked into my back. I cringed and turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"Shit, you look disgusting," Elijah said.

I already knew I wasn't looking so good in my mismatched, oversized clothes that I threw on and my knotted hair from having a restless sleep. He, on the other hand, looked flawless as always. His dark hair was neatly styled as it usually was and his green eyes were bright and alert. So, I decided to tell him just how good he looked.

"Alright, let's get this out of the way. Who's hot as hell? You. Who's charming? You. Who's a gentleman? You," I said, ticking off each trait on my fingers. Elijah lifted his eyebrows in surprise at what I was saying.

I closed my hand, made a fist, and said, "And who's a liar? Me." I ticked that single trait off on one of my fingers. I bet you could guess which one.

In more ways than one, I guess I kinda did just lie. Elijah was hot as hell, not that I'd ever tell him that and be serious about it.

He narrowed his eyes on my middle finger and opened his mouth to say something when Bianca's arm slinked around his neck. She pecked him on the cheek and his eyes flashed to mine to see if I had seen. I rolled my eyes and turned back around, ignoring them. I wasn't in the mood to puke everywhere so early in the morning.

But, I surely felt like vomiting when Mrs. Humphrey announced that we would be having a pop quiz based on last night's homework that I didn't do since I had been at a concert and all.

I groaned, dropping my head on the desk. I was pretty sure we were learning something about a Unit Circle, but I knew nothing about it.

Especially not how to fill one out, which just happened to be what the whole quiz was. We literally had to fill in each of the blanks around the circle, but how was I supposed to do it when I didn't even know what a Unit Circle was in the first place?

"Hey," a voice hissed. I picked my head up from my blank quiz to look into Chase Collins' eyes. He flicked his head down at his completed quiz that he was holding out to me underneath his desk. I snatched it, placed it on my lap, and quickly copied his answers.

"Yes, Elijah?" Mrs. Humphrey asked, making me stop what I was doing.

"What's your rule on cheating?" I heard him ask. I froze and quickly shoved Chase's quiz back at him. He scrambled to flatten it out on his desk as the teacher responded, "I have absolutely zero tolerance towards cheating. The consequence is a detention or worse depending on how severe the act. Why?"

I reached behind me and pinched Elijah's knee as hard as I could. He wouldn't dare tell on me, would he?

"Oh, just wondering," he drawled, kicking the back of my chair.

"Okay..." Mrs. Humphrey said, suspiciously.

Well, at least I had gotten to copy down half of Chase's quiz. It was still a failing grade, but it was better than a zero at this point.