3. My First Date

*Edited*

All day long, I thought about my date with Uriah. I had a stupid smile on my face and people gave me strange looks, but I didn't care. I was happy.

When the bell rang, dismissing school for the day, I sped out of the school. I didn't bother grabbing my backpack or textbooks because I wasn't gonna do the homework anyway. I was waiting outside by my pathetic car, tapping my finger on the hood as I listened to music. I had my headphones in, blasting rock songs so I couldn't hear the world around me. I was focused on the school building, looking out for when Uriah would exit, so I didn't see or hear the person come up behind me.

They tapped me lightly on the shoulder so I turned around to see who it was. I instantly got pissed off when I saw who it was. Bianca Johnson, the captain of the cheerleading team. She had long, blonde hair and blue eyes like every other typical cheerleader captain. Her boobs looked ready to overflow her low cut top and her yoga pants looked a few sizes too tight. I wanted to puke. She was saying something, but I couldn't hear her. I took out one headphone and twirled it around my finger.

"What'd you say?"

She sighed dramatically and put her hands on her hips.

"I heard that your neighbors are Uriah and Elijah. I've seen you with them at school. You guys are close," she said.

I raised my eyebrows at her choice of words.

"I wouldn't say we're close, exactly. Elijah is kind of a jackass-"

She gasped and raised a hand to her lips before yelling, "How dare you! Elijah is hot and-"

"So all you care about is the fact that he's hot and not about the fact that he's a freaking asshole?" I asked, daring her to argue.

She sputtered and opened her mouth to counter me. She didn't get the chance.

"Did I just hear you call me hot?" A deep voice rumbled in my ear.

Bianca's jaw dropped, but she quickly replaced it. She put on a fake smile and stuck her butt out. I spun around, my back now to Bianca, to see Elijah's face just inches from mine.

"You're going on a date with my brother?" Elijah asked, but it didn't seem like much of a question.

Bianca gasped. "She's going on a date with your brother!"

I flipper her off behind my back and stood up straight.

"Yes. You have a problem with that?" I asked.

"Is it your first date ever?" He asked, getting closer. His lips were separated from mine by just a breath. I couldn't concentrate. I stared at his full lips as I said, "Your point?"

Bianca made a snide comment about how I'm a loner and never had a boyfriend before or something like that. It was clear she hated the fact that Elijah was talking to me and not her. Bianca has bullied me since junior high, but I never really cared. She could try to bully me all she wanted, but I was never affected by it. That's why she hated me still.

"My point," he drawled, my gaze still focused on his lips, "is that I'll take all your first times."

I didn't know what he meant at first, but then I remembered how he had stolen my first kiss. Did he seriously want to ruin my first date?

I put my hands on his shoulders and shoved hard. He only stumbled back one step, but that was enough for me. I dodged his arm that shot out to grab me and ran over to Uriah's BMW. I reached the car, out of breath, just as he got there.