16. My First Concert

*Edited*

"Elijah, Veronica, David, and Courtney, you guys will work in kitchen one for the semester. As you all know, today we are making basic chocolate chip cookies and you must work together to get the task completed before the end of class," Mrs. Winston said.

I sighed dramatically as I stood up to go over to the first kitchen with my group trailing behind me. We faced each other, standing in a circle in the middle of the small kitchen. David wore a shirt with cut off sleeves, displaying muscular arms with a tattoo taking up one of his forearms. His hair was short and his eyes were a plain brown. Courtney, on the other hand, had bright, orange curly hair and freckles with glasses that made her green eyes look huge.

I clasped my hands together and said, "Alright. Let's do this."

No one else looked as enthusiastic as me. Don't get me wrong, I was in no way excited about this either, but really? They could at least fake it for a little while.

The four of us stared at the recipe for a few minutes before we started gathering the equipment and ingredients. We called Mrs. Winston over when we had everything laid out and ready to go.

"Who's going to be the two cooks and who's going to be the two dishwashers?" She asked.

We looked back and forth at each other until David and Courtney raised their hands.

"Dishwasher," they said at the same time. I shot a look at Elijah who couldn't be more thrilled to work with me.

Not.

He glared at me as Mrs. Winston dismissed us to begin making the cookies. I went over to the counter and started combining the first ingredients on the list, ignoring Elijah.

As I was beating the egg in a bowl, Elijah shouldered his way into my work area. I stumbled a bit and had to scramble to catch the egg that I almost dropped.

"What's your problem?" I hissed at Elijah.

He stepped into my personal bubble and trapped me against the counter with his arms. He lifted a hand to my face and said, "You have something right here..."

I froze with the bowl containing the beaten egg in between us. Elijah swiped his finger down my cheek and stepped back with a huge smirk on his face.

"Elijah!" I yelled, dropping the bowl on the counter while I tore off a piece of paper towel. I furiously scrubbed my cheek to take off the butter Elijah had smeared across my face. "I'm gonna get pimples now!"

"Kinda late for that. You already have-"

Before either of us saw it coming, the entire bowl of flour was sailing right for Elijah from my outstretched arms. His green eyes widened as the bowl slammed into his chest, flour billowing out all around him. Courtney gasped and David looked bored as they were boiling the dishwater.

Elijah ran his hands through his hair and shook his head. He was absolutely furious as he tried to get the flour off of his black t-shirt by smacking it off with a dry paper towel. It didn't do much to remove any of the flour.

You may be wondering what I was doing this entire time, watching him suffer as flour went in his eyes, hair, clothes, and just about everywhere else. So what was I doing, you ask?