26. My First Time Being at Fault

*Edited*

When Elijah had tapped on my window, I had to admit that my heart had definitely picked up its pace.

A shock went through my heart and I sucked in a sharp breath, holding a hand over my chest.

I wanted Elijah to prove his love for me when it was blatantly obvious he meant it by the numerous, creative ways he's been coming up with. I was just being stubborn.

But, it had seemed like Elijah had given up on me over the phone just now.

So without thinking, I blindly ran through my house, darted across my lawn, and knocked on my neighbor's door. I was breathing heavily by the time I had made it and I placed my hands on my knees as I hunched over when the door was swept open.

I straightened as I looked in Elijah's hazy, green eyes. His hair was a mess and he was shirtless again. I couldn't help it as my eyes dipped lower to his jeans that were so low on his hips that I could see his boxers.

And his jeans were unzipped. I raised my gaze to his to see his eyes widen.

"Ronnie-"

"Elijah?" A high pitched voice whined from inside the house.

That's when I noticed the pink Volkswagen buggy car in the driveway.

Elijah's hand tightened on the doorknob as he looked wildly at me then back inside his house. He was hiding something, or rather someone.

Two feminine and dainty hands came up from behind Elijah's back to run along his torso. He visibly sucked in a breath at the contact, but didn't do anything to move out of the mystery girl's embrace.

I narrowed my eyes as a head of blonde hair came to nuzzle his neck. My eyes practically bulged out when Bianca pressed a kiss to the sensitive spot just underneath his chin.

"Who are you talking to?" She murmured, curling herself around him.

And she wasn't nearly wearing as much clothes as she should have been. I felt my heart drop into the pit of my stomach and I couldn't concentrate.

Elijah still wasn't making a move to separate himself from her.

Bianca finally distanced herself enough from him to look around his large body in order to see who he was talking to.

"Me," I clipped.

Her perfect lips opened wide as she gaped at me, but then she turned it into a smirk as she ran her hands through Elijah's dark hair.

"Let's go back to what we were doing, babe," she whispered loud enough for me to hear.

Elijah's knuckles whitened on the doorknob as he refused to look away from me. He opened his mouth as if he were about to say something. I pleaded him with my eyes to step away from Bianca.

He never did. Instead, he nodded and I felt my whole resolve crumble as he hooked an arm around her bare waist, making her squeal in delight.

His lusty eyes finally left mine as he focused on Bianca who beamed up at him right before they locked their lips together.