Sneak Peak!

"Primo Reed."

With my elbow bent on the desk, I lazily lifted my hand a few inches off the desk and drawled, "Here," as I felt the stares of my classmates on me.

Especially the girls.

The guys all glared at me as if they hated me, which I wouldn't put past them since I was so attractive and all.

I'm not trying to sound cocky, or full of myself, okay maybe I am, but that's not the point. The point is that when Veronica Fray and Elijah Reed have a baby together, naturally you get a baby that is just as hot, if not hotter, as they are.

See what I'm getting at?

The teacher's, Ms. Toni's, ears turned pink at my response and I smirked. She was in her early twenties with short, reddish hair and green eyes behind thin rimmed glasses.

She was pretty, but she wasn't my type.

I went for more rebellious girls, so unlike my mother. Speaking of her, I had my mother's blonde hair except mine was a few shades lighter that it could almost be called white.

Just like my father, I had bright emerald eyes and a strong build.

The only difference between the two of them and me?

I couldn't follow rules for shit. I mean, I knew my parents had gotten in trouble while they were in high school, but not the kind of trouble I got into.

Don't get me wrong; Veronica and Elijah were amazing parents and had tried to discipline me when I was a baby, and it had worked.

But I wasn't a child anymore. A junior in high school didn't simply bend to their parents' beck and call so easily anymore.

Especially not me.

So when the bell rang, signaling the end of class and the end of the day, I cracked my knuckles and leisurely stood up from my desk, pushing the chair back as I exited the room.

"Reed," a voice threatened at the threshold of the classroom. I turned my head to the side to see Grant Woods leaning against the rusted lockers with his legs crossed at the ankles and his fingers hooked in the belt loops of his faded jeans.

Grant and I had been friends, but that had been before I had "stolen" his girlfriend. It wasn't exactly my fault the girl had practically thrown herself on me after homecoming.

Bottom line was; Grant saw me as his enemy so I was forced to play the role.

I hitched an eyebrow at the use of my last name and said in amusement, "Woods."

That earned myself a quick trip to the floor when Grant swept his leg out and knocked my legs out from underneath me. He looked down at me with a satisfied grin and kneeled down beside me.

"You should think twice about making out with my girlfriend-"

I didn't give him the chance to finish that thought before I clenched the collar of his white polo t-shirt in one hand and landed a solid punch to his jaw with the other.

His brown, curly hair was blown to the side from the force of the impact and he fell backwards, flat on his ass.

A collective gasp filled the now bustling hallway as I stood up, dusting my hands off on the dark jeans I wore.

"What the hell was that for!" A brave soul dared to yell at me.

I glanced up from Grant who was moaning on the floor, rubbing his swollen jaw, to find the source of the voice.

When I couldn't clearly identify who it could be, I squinted my eyes and looked around the crowd of students now surrounding me.

A pair of fingers reached up and snapped in front of my eyes, making me flinch.

"Down here, jerk," a girl spat.

I narrowed my eyes on the short girl standing in front of me with her hands on her hips and a mighty glare plastered across her features.

"May I help you, kid?" I offered, politely.

She didn't appreciate my kindness and rudely stomped on my booted foot. It didn't so much as hurt as it did surprise me.

"That's my boyfriend you just socked in the jaw," she said, pointing at the groaning boy still on the floor.

"And?" I prompted, not seeing her point.

"And," she said, angrily as her gray eyes turned stormy, "You will pay for it."

A smile lifted the corner of my lips and I peered down at the small girl with long, red hair that rested just above her hips.

"How? Because I can think of a few good ways," I said, winking suggestively.

Her cheeks flamed the same color as her hair and her gaze dropped to the floor where she lifted a hand down to Grant to help him up.

He made a move to go after me again, but the girl stood in between us with her arms outstretched, hands touching each of our chests.

"Destiny," Grant warned, uneasily.

She shot a look of what could only be described as pure hatred at me and she said, "Every time you think about doing something bad; think of my face."

With that, she turned Grant around by his shoulders and strode off down the hallway.

If she thought she'd get away with stopping the fight between me and Grant, then she had another thing coming for her.

But, for now, I had something to do.

I walked outside, huffing a cloud of warm air from my mouth as a chilly breeze shuffled my blonde hair across my forehead.

"Primo! Over here," my buddies called from the short brick wall they were sitting on beside the school building.

I gave Richard a high-five and jumped up beside him on the wall as I pulled a package of cigarettes from my deep pockets.

Richard handed me his lighter and I bent my neck to light the stick in between my lips.

I never got the chance.

The cigarette was yanked out of my mouth and I whipped around to see Destiny drop it on the ground and grind it to smithereens under her foot.

Richard whistled and made an inappropriate comment, making my buddies chuckle.

"I thought," she said, pounding her foot once more on the cigarette, "I told you I would steal all of your bad times."

"That is not what you said."

"Well, it's what I meant. So get used to it," she said, hopping off the wall to join Grant at his car.

*******

That was a sneak peak of book two! How did you like it?

I so should not have been writing with a concussion, but I couldn't help it. I made sure to only write for a few minutes at a time and slept for most of the day. 😅

I'm thinking about titling it, "Stolen Bad Times" or something. Any suggestions?