38. My First Update in a While

*Edited*

It's been a while since you guys have heard from me, hm? The last time I've spoken to you was when Elijah and I had gotten back together after Allison's party. 

It was summer vacation now, and let me tell you; dating Elijah has been a whirlwind of emotions. One second, it felt like we were balancing precariously at the edge of a cliff and the next I felt safe in his warm embrace.

Basically, I felt like I was walking on egg shells, you know?

And it doesn't help that Allison has had it out for me ever since I "stole" her man at her stupid masquerade party. Up until our senior year ended and we graduated, she had shot daggers at my back every single day in class. Elijah mimed pulling the knives out of my back a few times, making Allison pout and sigh in annoyance.

Even so, there were times when I caught them together in the hallway when they thought no one else was around. I'd stride right up to them and Elijah would nuzzle my neck or plant a kiss on my forehead to make me forget Allison had even been there.

But now it was summer vacation. Jeez, time flies by when you're having fun, right?

Wrong.

All this time you guys haven't heard a single word from me during my summer vacation, I haven't heard a word from Elijah either. I had no idea what he was doing and I was far more curious than I wanted to admit.

Anyway, back to the present. I was currently scrolling through a website designed for a college close by, skimming for the underclassmen enrollment rates and average GPA acceptances when I heard something bang into my window.

I waved it off as a branch scratching my window, but when I heard it a second time, I realized there wasn't a tree outside my window. So, I closed my laptop and stood up to look out the window.

My eyes clashed with the intense green ones of my next door neighbor's. I lifted the window, placed my hands on my hips, and raised my eyebrows.

We just stared at each other a few seconds, refusing to be the first one to break the silence in...about a month.

He spoke up first.

"Well?"

"Well?" I scoffed. "That's what you say to me after not bothering to talk to me for over a month?"

He had the audacity to shrug as if the thought hadn't occurred to him to contact me.

"Well," he began, hooking his thumbs in the belt loops of his dark jeans that were hanging too low on his hips. I cursed him for his god-like body and my inability to look away from his abs because, of course, he was missing a shirt.

He smirked, noticing me as I checked him out. He continued, "Has anyone stole your last remaining first time, Ronnie?"

My jaw dropped to the floor. "You mean-"

He nodded, cutting me off. "The one you refused to give me. Did you lose your virginity to some other guy? Perhaps Quinn?"

"What the hell, Eli? Why are you being such a jerk? I'm not some whore who goes behind her boyfriend's back to have sex with her best friend's boyfriend!"

Oh right. Mae and Quinn, Allison's brother if you forgot, were officially a thing. They began dating after that party at his house.

It took a while for him to process that as he squinted his eyes. He shifted, drawing my attention back to his chest as his muscles rippled with his movement. He sat down on the edge of his windowsill and folded his arms across his bare chest.

I flashed my eyes back up to his as he opened his mouth.

"Oops," he said.

"Oops, what?"

"I figured that's what you were doing since I haven't heard from you in a while so I decided to go and do the same. Allison was a pro and went easy on me since it was my first time and all."

My blood boiled at his comment. In a fit of blind rage, I grabbed the object that was the closest to me and chucked it at him. My cheeks flamed a bright red when my lacy black bra smacked harmlessly into his chest before plummeting two stories to the ground.

He hitched an eyebrow at my attempted assault and rubbed the spot my bra had hit him.

"What was that for?" He demanded.

"Are you being freaking serious right now? We haven't spoken in a while so you figured you should go and have sex with the sluttiest girl in school?"

"That's what I just explained," he deadpanned, giving me a look as if I were stupid. "You didn't want to experience your first time with me and I got tired of waiting to experience it with you."

I honestly couldn't figure out what was going on right now. I couldn't tell if Elijah had always been such an asshole or I'd just never noticed.

Scratch that; I've always known he was a douche.

But I didn't know he was this mean, for lack of a better word.

"Is this your twisted way of telling me you want to break up again?" I spat. I couldn't believe we were breaking up because he got tired of waiting for me to have sex with him.

I thought we had agreed that we didn't have to have sex to prove our love to each other. Sure, it would have been nice to experience it together for the first time since we've both never done it before, but that didn't mean we had to do it immediately.

"After not hearing from you in so long, I thought we had established a breakup without having to say anything about it. Usually when a couple goes this long without talking, it means something isn't working out or whatever," he said, nonchalantly.

It took all I had not to blurt that I'd been waiting for him to reach out to me, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of feeling wanted.

"You know what? You're right. And I'm busy, so if you'll excuse me," I said, turning away.

"Pfft, busy doing what?" His deep voice rumbled behind me.

"Filling out college applications," I lied. I'd only been shuffling through the many options, and it was way too early to apply anyway.

He didn't have to know that, though.

"To where?" He asked. 

"Bryant University," I replied, casually.

He growled deep in his throat when he realized just who had been attending that school for a whole year now.

If you remember who got into that school, then give yourself a clap on the back. And for those of you who have forgotten after all this time, take a guess.

You guessed right, congratulations.

Now that I thought about it, I came to realize that I missed Uriah. I wondered if he was doing well in college or if he had a good relationship with his biological father.

Uriah Reed was the perfect boyfriend. We'd broken up because he had to go away for college, but if we went to the same university then...

Maybe applying to Bryant University wasn't such a bad idea after all, wasn't it?

*******

Surprise! I'll be continuing this story again as I edit each chapter. I'm also working on a story called, "The Boyfriend Hotline" if you want to check it out. ;)