Bonus Chapter: 6 Years Later

*Edited*

Whew. Who knew college would be so difficult? Had I known beforehand how much studying and projects I'd have to do, I would never have applied for Bryant University in the first place.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I actually had an amazing experience in college with Uriah. He filled the empty hole in my chest that Elijah had made when he stayed in Italy.

When I had found him on my study abroad program in Italy, we had decided to get married as soon as possible so he could come back to the States.

Looking back, we had reacted with our emotions before looking at how it would actually turn out.

We had been way too young to get married and neither of us had been ready for that kind of commitment.

Basically, along with the end of my trip, our long distance relationship ended as well. There was no way we could have kept a stable relationship over thousands of miles.

So, I spent my days with the other Reed brother who by no means replaced Elijah, but did a damn good job of helping me through the pain.

Anyway, I graduated from Bryant University with a bachelor's degree for education and landed my first internship as a student teacher for kindergarteners...

...Which made me realize that I really did not enjoy the company of twenty something little monsters running all over the place.

So, Uriah had used his tech savvy to earn him a job as a mobile applications teacher in the same building as I had student taught in.

He had made it clear from the beginning that his job was no match for his skills. After a year of teaching mobile apps, he was hired as the Super Intendant of schools.

And therefore hired me as a fifth grade teacher which was slightly better than teaching kindergarteners.

Alright, enough with the boring stuff.

Get this; Uriah didn't marry Jules, his girlfriend from college.

Nope. He married Mae. And they had identical twin girls named Mariah and Marie.

Elijah had traveled back here for the wedding, but had had to leave shortly afterwards.

Yet, in that short time he had been here, he had managed to propose to me.

Oh, and our wedding just happened to be today.

It had taken hours to make myself look half way presentable, but I had to admit, I looked good.

The door to the room I was still getting ready in bursted open and my eyes flew to the intruder.

Large green eyes widened at the sight of me and he froze, momentarily forgetting what he had barged in here for.

My mother gave me a knowing smile before fading into the background to give us privacy, and Elijah slowly took a few steps forward until he was standing right in front of me.

"You know it's bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding, right?" I asked, poking him in the chest.

His intense eyes only focused on me, making it feel like we were the only two people in the entire world and nothing could ever break us apart.

Ignoring my question, he breathed, "Ronnie."

My heart skipped a beat at his husky voice and I swear my legs turned to jelly. I mean come on, it wasn't helping that he looked handsome in his dark tuxedo with a tie to match the same shade as his eyes.