15. My First Boyfriend

*Edited*

Don't ask me how the winning concert tickets were going to be shipped the exact day the contest was announced. To me, it seemed impossible, but I guess there's this thing called same day shipping or whatever. I didn't care as long as I got the tickets.

Of course, I wouldn't know if I had won until they were in my mailbox. So, at the end of the day, I bolted out of the school and drove home faster than I ever had before. I was lucky I hadn't gotten in an accident because I did drive faster than the speed limit.

I made sure to get home before Elijah did because he had told me he wouldn't give me his extra ticket if he won, which meant that I would have to be a little sneaky. I parked my car in front of my house and hopped out.

I ran over to my neighbor's mailbox and opened it. The mailman had already came for the day so I pulled out all of the Reed's mail. I shuffled through the mail until I got across a strange letter addressed to Uriah.

It was from a college. I haven't even thought about the fact that Uriah would be going to college next year. He must've already applied in the fall. This letter must be an acceptance one. I couldn't think about that right now. I would have to talk to Uriah soon, but I was a girl on a mission right now and nothing could stop me.

I hurriedly tucked it behind all the rest of the mail and continued to dig through the pile.

Guess what I never found. Well, I'm gonna tell you right now.

I didn't find the Pierce the Veil concert tickets in Elijah's mailbox. I shoved the neighbor's mail back inside their mailbox and slammed it shut. Then I sprinted over to my house and opened the mailbox.

There was one single envelope inside. I froze, just staring at it. I sent up a prayer that it would be the envelope with the concert tickets. Then I slowly reached my hand inside and gently pulled the only piece of mail out that was in my mailbox.

I tucked it against my chest without looking who the envelope was sent from or who it was addressed to. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and jumped when something tapped me on the shoulder. I spun around, feeling guilty as if I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing. I hid the envelope behind my back as I found dark green eyes suspiciously glaring at me.

"What's that?" Elijah said, flicking his head at me. He ran his fingers through his dark hair, making it spike up. I almost drooled until I realized who I was checking out.

"Nothing," I said, swaying back and forth from foot to foot.

Elijah took a step forward. I stopped swaying and pulled out the envelope from behind my back to read who it was from.

"HELL YES!" I yelled, jumping up and down. I did a little dance, throwing my arms in the air, but I didn't care how stupid I looked. I couldn't believe it. I had actually won the tickets.

"Give me that," Elijah growled, snatching the envelope out of my hands. I stopped dancing and tried to grab it back for him. He held it above his head, far out of reach from my short form. I jumped as high as I could and couldn't even skim my fingers along the base of the envelope. Deflated, I stood back to watch him.

He squinted as he read the mailing information on the package. "Hah," he said, pointing at the neat writing in the center of the envelope. "These are my tickets. It says my name right here." He jabbed his finger at the envelope and shoved it in my face for me to see.