17. My First Poster

*Edited*

I chose to ignore Elijah for the rest of the concert as I sat on his shoulders. Pierce the Veil was so amazing and I never wanted the concert to end. But of course, it did.

Elijah reached his hands up to lay them on my hips and I sucked in a breath as he grasped me tightly before setting me down on the ground.

"Now that we're officially dating in secret-"

I smacked his arm and narrowed my eyebrows at him. "First you tell me that you want me to tell Mae that you guys are breaking up and then you tell me not to do that and to instead secretly date you? I'm sorry, but you must be insane. I've kept my mouth shut this whole time so I could enjoy the concert, but now it's over."

Elijah crossed his arms. "Fine," he said, holding up a finger, "But, I will be your first love."

I grinded my teeth together, getting angrier by the second. "No, I already love..." I trailed off as I was about to say Uriah's name.

"My brother? You don't really mean that."

The thing was, Elijah was right. I didn't love Uriah yet. Sure, I really liked him and felt a strong attraction towards him, but I couldn't call that love. I'm sure I'd know when I fell in love with someone and I also knew that it wouldn't be with Elijah.

"Shut up," was all I could think to say.

"Wow, Ronnie. You're so mature," Elijah said with a smirk.

"How the hell are you going to make me fall in love with you if you're always such a jerk to me? You're freaking delusional," I said, stepping away from him.

Over his shoulder, I could see a merchandise shop set up towards the back of the crowd. Without telling him where I was going, I made a mad dash towards the shop. I shoved through everyone, earning a few curse words thrown my way as well as tons of eye rolls.

I immediately locked my eyes on a signed poster from each of the band members that was sitting up on a high shelf. I scurried over to it and groaned in frustration when I couldn't reach it. I stood on my tippy toes, jumping up and down to try and reach the last poster when someone else suddenly grabbed it off the shelf.

I spun around and yelled, "Hey! I was getting that-"

"Jeez, I was getting it for you, shorty," Elijah grumbled, handing the poster out to me. My eyes widened and I blushed, reaching out for the poster. I wrapped my hand around it and mumbled a quick, "Sorry, thanks."

When I tried to pull it out of his grasp, Elijah tightened his hand around it and raised an eyebrow.

"You just said you were getting it for me," I said, tugging on it.

"That was before you yelled at me and before I realized this was the last signed copy." Elijah tore it out of my hand and strode over to the cash register with me fuming at his back.

I couldn't believe he just did that! I clenched my hands into fists as I watched him pay for the poster. When he was finished, he met me by the door and shoved his change into his pockets, holding a plastic bag with the poster in it.

I opened my mouth to point out how mean he was and how it wasn't helping his case of making me fall in love with him when he shot his arm out towards me. The plastic bag swung side to side on his fingers as he held it out to me.

"Here, take it."

My jaw dropped as I took the bag from him and he left the store. I wrapped my hand around the bag and bolted after him. By now, he had gotten pretty far away from me since I had been staring in shock at his back for a while. I sprinted as fast as I could until I caught up with him.