Chapter 6 - Two Can Play At That Game

Diary of Leia Organa

     Well, I'm counting this as my first official day in space.

Unfortunately, it's not going the way I was hoping it would. Remember that plan about not letting the pilot see me? Yeah, well, time for Plan B, because he definitely saw me. (There isn't a Plan B. I didn't plan for this!) And not only the pilot, no. His CO-PILOT also knows I'm here!

I didn't know there were TWO people aboard! Well, the "Wookiee" doesn't exactly classify as a person, but it's still a living thing.

Oh, right, I forgot to tell you. The co-pilot is a Wookiee (that's a new word for me) and he has a name. The pilot, named Han, calls him "Chewie", but his full name is Chewbacca. How do I know this? Well I'm glad you asked! I was trying to find something to EAT around here, but I crashed face first into the Wookiee who proceeded to turn me in!

What a life I'm having.

The pilot — sorry, HAN told Chewbacca to put me back in the cargo area, so that's just wonderful. At least it's the same room I was hiding in before. Now maybe I can find a way to escape.

Hang on — scratch that. I CAN'T escape because we're in SPACE!

Is it a wonderful experience? Yes. Am I able to thoroughly enjoy it? NO! Instead, I'm locked in the cargo area waiting for Han to walk in here and yell at me! At least, I assume that's what he's going to do. He just seems like that type, you know? Definitely hot-headed. Extremely annoying.

I haven't told him any personal information except for my name, so that's covered. He wants to know where I live, but NO WAY am I telling him that! There's an 87% chance that he'll return me home for a reward or something.

I mean, home definitely beats this situation, but I have to keep in mind why I left in the first place. My aunts' ideas of love differ greatly from my own. If I ever get around to marrying someone, it won't be because I have to. It'll be because I want to.

It's actually been a full day since the Wookiee threw me in here. Han said he'd "talk to me later", but "later" is taking a long time to get here.

I don't plan on telling him anything, so he'll just be wasting his time. I, however, would like to know a few things about HIM. But that doesn't mean anything, so just ignore it, okay?

That said, I think I hear footsteps. This is goodbye for now!

-Leia

She hastily slammed her journal shut and (equally as hastily) jammed it back in her satchel. As soon as she clambered to her feet, the door to the room slid open to reveal the pilot she already disliked (or so she kept telling herself).

"So, Leia, it's time we had a little chat," he said, looking her over.

"You know, I was about to say the same thing. I feel like there's a lot that needs to be explained," she fired back.

Han didn't look all that effected, but he was definitely interested.

"Yeah, that's true. Speaking of which. . .where did you say you were from again?"

"Nice try. . .Flyboy." Leia felt proud of the nickname she'd invented. "I'm not telling you anything."

"Kid, I can't bring you back home if you  don't tell me where you live!"

The name "Kid" did not sit well with Leia.

"What if I don't want to go back home?" she spat, immediately clamping her mouth shut with realization.