Chapter 29 - Give 'Em A Break

A/N: Hello there! So. . ,I know it's been longer than usual. I usually update every three days, but GUESS WHO STARTED HIGH SCHOOL! Me, that's who. And lemme tell ya, it's not exactly easy.

So my updating schedule is gonna have a little bitty change. And by little bitty, I mean humongous.

Basically, I'll be updating on the weekends when I hastily shove aside my homework and pounce on the computer.

*shoves aside homework and pounces on computer*

So yeah. I unfortunately cannot guarantee frequent updates but they'll definitely HAPPEN, every weekend, when I can. It makes me wonder if anybody actually had been waiting for this chapter, so lemme know if you were. I'm just curious, haha.

I won't bore you any longer with my chit-chat. Enjoy!

Many hours later, the Suns had already set past the horizon of hazy sand dunes. The whole group was excessively tired and worn out, but they were able to keep moving—barely.

Leia, though, was beginning to feel her eyelids getting heavier and heavier. Soon, she was asleep; her head, buried in her arms, rested on Chewie's head. Unfortunately, when she fell asleep, Leia's body relaxed, therefore not retaining enough strength to hold herself up. By the time Leia realized she was falling, it was a little too late.

Han turned his head defensively when he heard a soft thud behind him. When he peered closer, he realized it was actually Leia—she had fallen off of Chewbacca and was lying painfully on the ground.

Now wide awake, Leia made a noise that resembled an angry groan.

"Hey, you okay?" Han asked as Luke helped the Princess up. She rubbed her head.

"Yeah, tailbones are overrated."

Han stifled a laugh while Leia continued.

"Is it just me, or is the ground really hard right here?"

Luke and Han considered that point. The ground was definitely not soft with sand any longer. It had progressively morphed into a hard, solid substance. . .rock, most likely.

Han stomped his foot to test the ground.

"Wait, hang on," Leia said. She took several careful steps forward. Her eyes could be seen scanning the ground ahead of them. She inched forward again, then halted with a gasp.

After a few seconds, she yelled, "Hey, guys? You might wanna come see this!"

Chewie, Han, and Luke followed her voice, making sure to watch their footing just in case. When they found Leia, she was pointing an insistent finger at something below them. The boys turned their eyes downward.

"Well, it's a good thing we looked before we kept walking," Han observed.

A mere three feet in front of them, the sand-turned-rock dropped off into a steep ledge. It was more of a tall hill, but if it were any steeper, it'd be a cliff.
Hundreds of boulders and sharper rocks covered the whole hill, preventing any easy way down.

"Any ideas?" Luke asked, looking down the small cliff with hesitance.

Leia gave everyone else a quizzical look and said, "I don't know. How good are you guys at rock climbing?"

~•~

"Rise, Lord Vader," said the Emperor. Vader, who was kneeling before the dark throne, slowly stood up.