Chapter 44 - Among Enemies

A/N: HELLO PEEPS!! Chapter 44, comin' atcha!
This one was fun to write, so feel free to laugh or grin or just shake your head in borderline amusement...it's up to you!!

Man, I've been SO BUSY lately. I've had an English research paper, a Bible essay, a Geography presentation (due May 2nd), studying for a minimum of 4 quizzes and one test, I've signed up to help with the school play this month, rescheduled three piano lessons and two ballet practices *catches breath*, art stuff for our Spanish classroom, AND a SOCIAL LIFE on top of it. Raise your hand if you're stressed out just from reading that. *raises hand*

Anywayyyy, I hope you guys like this chapter - it's got some important thingys in it that you might wanna notice. But first- REVIEWS!!

LPK9: Hi! Aw, thanks for checking out my story!! Yeah, I definitely recommend going back and reading from Ch. 1, because you're right - it's a pretty long story XD
Aw, thank you! That means a lot :) Hope you stick around the story!

changingdestiny40: Hi again! Thanks, glad you liked it! Yeah, that emperor...full of surprises. Vader might realize before, after, or not at all about the twins...you'll have to see for yourself, I guess ;)

Yeah, Leia definitely wasn't having fun, and neither was Luke. Stormtrooper armor is just downright pointless - I think Vader had it made for dramatic effect XD

Hey, cool idea! Unfortunately, all my chapters are prewritten, meaning I've had this story written for a while - I just go back and proofread them and add the author's note :p sorry...but that really is a good idea! I would totally consider keeping that in mind for a future chapter or a headcanon type deal...or maybe you could write a story like that! I bet you'd be able to blow it outta the water ;) Don't worry though - we'll see some reactions in a future chapter that isn't too far away ^_^

Guest: Hi! Was that sarcasm I detect? :P Either way, thanks for reading! And Han shows up in this chapter, if you were actually being sarcastic XD

Alright, this story shall now continue its slow descent into madness. Have fun!!

WHEEEEEEEEE!

"Don't. Move," Leia ordered, placing a warning hand on Luke's shoulder. The twins, still fully clothed in Imperial stormtrooper armor, sat hunched behind some crates (in the cargo hold) that were strategically stacked high enough to hide two small people.

The shuttle was already docked inside the Devastator, and the twins couldn't hear anything yet. They knew, however, that the team of scanners would show up any second.

Leia had a plan, but Luke didn't know any of the details, much less if it would work. He decided to focus on the fact that Leia actually had a plan this time. It was a baby step in the right direction.

Some muffled noises broke the suspenseful silence, sending Leia's stress levels off the charts.
Next came the tell-tale groan of the shuttle's ramp lowering, and soon enough, the twins could hear loud footsteps of several people.

Luke wasn't exactly sure how Leia remained calm, but he scooted a little closer, hoping to pick up on part of her confidence. The young farm boy could hardly comprehend the magnitude of danger this endeavor contained, and entering blindly into Darth Vader's lair of evil wasn't the most appealing way to spend his free time. Leia should be petrified with anxiety. . .so why wasn't she?