Chapter 28 - Contemplation

A/N: Hey there! How's it going??
Welcome to Chapter 28, everyone!! I had to work extra hard on this chapter to make it kinda interesting, and school starts for me on August 29 (so, Monday). High school, here I come! *hides in closet*

So, as ShinyShiny9 would say, on to the inevitable train wreck!!

WHEEEE!!

"I'm hot," Leia complained. "And tiiiiired."

Han shot her a very unsympathetic glare.

"Yeah? You're tired? You're not even walking!" he shot back.

Han had a point. He, Leia, Luke, and Chewie had decided to start the trip to Ben Kenobi's house. Some necessary discussions concluded that they wouldn't be stopping back at Luke's house, for fear his aunt and uncle would make matters worse. Instead, they settled on making the trek on foot. It wasn't ideal, but it was simpler.

So, Han had thrown some food and such into Leia's satchel, and the group left the refuge of the Falcon. About a half hour into their journey, Leia had insisted she couldn't walk any further in the heat. Due to Han's lack of patience, Leia was now perched atop Chewbacca's furry shoulders. Well, she was. She had slumped to a more relaxed position that made her look like Chewie's backpack.

"Whatever," Leia mumbled. She shifted her gaze to Luke, who refused to be more than five feet away from his sister. Was this how they were always meant to be? Close together and happy in each other's company? Because she was okay with that.

The whole thing was crazy. Leia had a brother. A twin brother. Never in a million years would Leia have guessed that. And, now that she had time to think about it, there had been so many signs. Leia had been completely oblivious, a fact that made her mad. The clues were so obvious.

Things like the way Owen and Beru looked at her. They had even asked about her age. There was also the feeling Leia had always had. The feeling of a subtle emptiness, a longing for completion. But of all things she was missing. A twin brother?

And that wasn't the only crazy thing. The actual unbelievable thing was the way it had all come together! What are the odds?

Leia had picked that night to run away. And on that night, the Millennium Falcon was in the shipyard. If Leia would've waited one more night, Han would've left the planet. And that ship just happened to be going to Tatooine. And Han had tried to talk her out of going! But for some reason, Leia had her heart set on going to Tatooine. And that planet was the very home of Luke Skywalker. Her twin.

AND, if she hadn't run from Han's ship, she would've never went to Mos Eisely. In that town, she met Luke Skywalker—HER TWIN! Then, in a series of misadventures, the two had discovered they were biologically related.

Leia could almost believe it happened. To someone else. Not to her!

That was only the tip of the iceberg. There were still so many questions that needed answers. Things like: who were her real parents? She knew Anakin was their father, but what about their mother? What did their birth parents look like? Where were they now? Were they dead? Alive?

Leia had been given to her Father and Mother when she was just an infant. So. . .did their parents leave immediately after the twins were born? Or. . .was there an accident? Did their parents die? Is that why the twins were adopted?

But. . .the most important question, to Luke and Leia, was this: why were the twins spilt up? Why did Luke and Leia get passed on to separate families? Leia couldn't image living on Tatooine now, but why hadn't she been sent there with Luke? Didn't they want the twins to grow up together? There must be a reason Leia was separated from her brother. . .right?