Chapter 45 - Face to Face

A/N: Well, a day late, but this time I have a legitimate excuse. The wifi at my house has been WEIRD lately, and for some reason, my iPod is the only device in the whole house that's picking up wifi. So here I am.

Can you believe it? We're at Chapter 45!!! This story will finally reach its peak in this very chapter, and it's all loose ends from here. So if you haven't already guessed it - YES, Vader meets the twins in THIS. CHAPTER!!! *cue applause*

His reaction here is "passive"...but he hasn't seen what the twins have planned yet. Just you wait. You're in for a few laughs in these next couple chapters.

I can't respond to reviews here because this is the only device getting wifi, and reviews are on the computer...but I'll try to respond to them as soon as possible.

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

WHEEEEEEE!

This is like the extreme version of the Walk of Shame.

Leia's thoughts were drifting towards unintentionally negative places as she and her brother "marched" to their fate—or, wherever the stormtrooper was leading them.

Pictures of the Dark Lord flashed through Leia's mind, igniting a spark of fear that definitely was not welcome. She fought against it, earnestly reminding herself that she was here for a reason. . .albeit an unknown one.

The twins continued their charade, diligently following the stormtrooper, until suddenly, both Luke and Leia halted.

The princess put a hand to her head, remembered she was wearing a helmet, and lowered the hand. However, that didn't stop the abrupt pounding that was going on in her head. A heavy curtain of dread fell upon Leia, and she managed a glance at Luke, who looked slightly off-balance.

An idea came to Leia, so she risked trying to communicate with Luke through the Force.

Luke? What's going on?

I don't know! I feel really. . .cold.

Do you think it could be Vader?

How does that make any sense?

Leia didn't get a chance to answer Luke's question, because the stormtrooper evidently noticed he wasn't being followed anymore. He briskly turned on his heel and pointed an accusing finger at the twins.

"You two! Something the matter? Lord Vader can be disagreeable when he's kept waiting."

When Luke made no move to speak, Leia took charge.

With her shaky fake-stormtrooper-voice, Leia said, "Uh, sorry, but my friend here doesn't feel very well. Any chance we could—"

The stormtrooper rudely cut her off. "No you may not. Get moving, soldiers. We don't have all the time in the galaxy, you know!"

With that, the angry stromtrooper turned back around and resumed his purposeful walk to the control deck.

The twins exchanged tense glances, and once the Imperial solider was out of sight, Leia said, "Remember what we felt on our way here? That creepy, cold feeling?"

Luke nodded.

"Well, what if this is the same? It could mean Vader is nearby. . .or worse, the Emperor."

From down the hallway, the stormtrooper's voice hollered, "Get down here, NOW!!"

Leia and Luke braced themselves. They took a few cautious steps forward, found nothing wrong, and kept walking.