Chapter 47 - Breaking Out

A/N: WHOOOOAAAA, GUESS WHO IT IS?!

Guys, I am SO sorry. I went AWOL for like...3? 4 weeks? THAT IS INSANE. With finals and friend situations and summer, life has been crazier than usual and I just sorta went MIA, which was NOT intentional.

Also, there was a very annoying glitch in the FFN system that didn't notify readers when authors updated (the problem is fixed now). So, you may not have even seen the last few chapters. If you think you might be lost, I *strongly* recommend going back a few chapters (like maybe 3) and reading from there. I just don't want anyone to be all like, "Uh okay so when exactly did all this happen?" Hehe XD

I'm also extremely tired right now and am trying to get this chapter up ASAP (aka RIGHT NOW)...so I'm actually gonna be *wild* and skip proofreading on this one ^_^" so I apologize in advance for any sneaky typos or stuff like that. Sorry guys XP

Now. Without further delay. Here's the chapter!!

WHEEEEEEEE!!!

Darth Vader was still having trouble comprehending the crucial piece of news he had received a day ago.

The information was swirling around in his head, making even the simplest of actions seem as difficult as climbing a mountain. Easy things like walking, standing, and even breathing (though the last one was already a problem anyway) became hard and tedious. Vader often had to remind himself that he was alive—he was not dreaming. He wished he was dreaming. That would make things so much easier.

But those two children had said Anakin Skywalker—Vader shuddered at the thought of the name—was their father. Not a friend of their father, or someone who knew their father.

Their. Father.

Bursts of emotion flooded Vader's head, clouding and overwhelming his senses. They were all foreign emotions—or, they had been, as of the past 13-or-so years.

Nevertheless, Darth Vader struggled to process and pinpoint all the different bits of feelings. He could recognize a few, like surprise, respect, and some sort of glee. But there was one that Vader felt, recognized, and hastily shoved away. That emotion wasn't welcome in the mind of the Dark Lord. Never again. Never again.

Love.

Vader frowned, practically feeling the sharp claws of the Dark Side immediately tearing away at the feeling. They seemed to be partially succeeding, at least.

But he couldn't help acknowledging that Leia and that boy were his children.

Or were they?

Vader speculated that the kids may have been bluffing to get their lightsaber back. . .but they seemed too serious. Besides, how would they have heard about Anakin Skywalker? That name wasn't one they could dream up on their own, surely. And any trace of him had been blocked or removed from the HoloNet.

Who told them about Anakin? Their parents? No, it couldn't be. Leia lived on Alderaan, and the boy was brought up on Tatooine. He knew that now. He could sense it.

And that was an entirely different matter of complexity. If the children were raised on completely different planets (lightyears away from each other, no less), had two separate families, and looked nothing alike, how could they be siblings? And were they just siblings? Vader remembered the intense presence of the Force around them. Usually, normal siblings didn't have that kind of a connection or strength in the Force.