Chapter 34 - Let's Go

A/N: Hello! Guess who's back!!! ME, obviously. And boy does it feel good! I know I skipped a weekend (AGAIN), and I apologize. And I apologize. And I apologize AGAIN. Hopefully nobody was just desperately waiting for this chapter, but if you were, you're in luck!!

High school is wild, you know? The people are weird, the teachers are weird. . .even the HOMEWORK is weird. Maybe I'm just bias because I was homeschooled. Who knows, really?

I'll save all my relentless chit chat for the Author's Note at the end. READ AND ENJOY, and I'll see ya at the bottom.

As always, WHEEEEEE! (Why do I do that.)

After agreeing on a plan of action (not a reasonable one, mind you), the twins began the short trek back to Obi-Wan's house. But they weren't in a hurry, which gave Luke some time to ask his sister a question.

"So, Leia," Luke started, glancing sideways at her. "Can I ask you something?"

Leia raised her eyebrows in mild surprise.

"Um. . .sure. Go ahead."

"Okay, so. . .have you been writing in your journal lately?" Luke gestured to the book Leia was holding firmly under one arm. The Princess turned away.

"Not really," she admitted, suddenly very interested in the sand beneath her feet. "It's been a while."

Luke was confused. That journal was pretty much Leia's one true love. Since when was she not writing in it? It puzzled him. He decided to probe a little further, but he'd have to be careful of his wording.

"Why?" Luke asked. He noticed Leia frown as she watched the ground.

"I. . .don't know," she lied, still not making eye contact with her brother.

Luke nudged her shoulder. "That doesn't sound like you," he said. "If you've stopped writing for now, you know exactly why."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Everything! You're just so confident and sure of yourself. You must have a reason. You've been acting so weird today."

"Why the sudden interest in this? Are you trying to prove a point?"

The twins had stopped walking and were standing in place, facing one another. Luke shook his head rapidly.

"No, I just want to know! Is there something wrong?"

"No, there's nothing wrong."

"Then why aren't you writing?"

"Why do you care?!"

The siblings' voices were slowly escalating to a loud argument, which had never been in Luke's intentions.

"I care because. . .because you aren't acting right! It's not just the fact that you're completely ignoring your journal, but you're acting different! You're usually so happy, and lately—"

"What? Lately what?"

"You're just. . .I'm just. . ."

"You're just what?"

Luke threw his hands in the air in defeat as Leia watched him with an angry expression of expectancy.

"I'm just worried!" Luke exclaimed, gesturing wildly as he attempted to reign in the argument.

"About what?" Leia's tone was sarcastic.

"ABOUT YOU!!" he yelled.

The twins both froze where they stood. Leia's arms, which were formerly crossed tightly over her chest, fell to her sides limply. Luke stood still, breathing heavily after their heated discussion. Both siblings looked anywhere but at each other. The desert suddenly felt very small, despite the vast expanse of blowing sand. Leia forced herself to comprehend this new information.