Chapter 10 - One Girl, Two Suns

The next day, Leia woke up from her curled up position on the main hold's floor. That was where she had been hiding since her harsh words with Han.

Leia smiled faintly as she thought about how she had actually called Han a. . .a. . .

The Princess frowned as she tried to recall what exactly she had called Han.

A. . .oh. A "scruffy looking Nerf herder".

Right. Where did I even come up with that? I almost feel bad for Han.

Almost.

Technically speaking, Leia knew she couldn't just hide there forever. Now that she knew that Han had plans to take her home, she needed to start planning an escape. The last time she'd "escaped" from somewhere was when Leia had run away from home. That, however, wasn't exactly planned.

The thought had entered her mind, she had taken it, and eventually she had taken action. But it was by no means thought-out. Running away had definitely been a spur of the moment idea. And, now that she thought about it, it was beginning to seem kind of. . .drastic.

Unfortunately, the time for changing her mind had long since passed. The only thing Leia could do now was make things up as she went, hoping events would work out in her favor.

The only thing that was sure was that she needed to get away from Han. And fast.

How does someone get away from another person when they're both on the same ship? The solution was simple: wait until the ship landed.

From that point on, Leia really had no idea what she was going to do. It was going to be chaos.

Before she could think about the matter any longer, she heard a noise sound throughout the room — a noise that really sounded like footsteps.

Within a few more seconds, dark boots appeared in front of Leia's eyes. It didn't take her long to figure out who it was.

"Oh. Han," she said flatly, finally standing up.

"Yeah, happy to see you too. I just thought I should tell you—"

"Tell me what? Tell me that you're gonna betray me? That you broke your promise? That you're an idiot? Because in that case—"

"No, no, and no. I wanted to let you know that we've landed."

Immediately, Leia perked up.

"Really?! Well, why didn't you say so? What are we waiting for?" she exclaimed. The Princess jogged to the exit/entry ramp and waited for it to lower. Han came up behind her.

"Where do you think you're going?" he said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Uh, outside? I've never been here before. You can't expect me to stay here, can you?"

"Actually, Your Worship, I can. Like I said: Tatooine's cantinas and streets are no place for someone like you."

Leia scowled and placed a hand on her hip.

"Oh, really? But I can hitch a ride on a smuggler ship, can't I? Oh, wait. You would know that already."

"Hey, that was your decision! I didn't do anything! You deliberately stowed away on my ship!"

"That's right, which is why I can handle whatever Tatooine has to offer."

"No," Han replied, shaking his head.
"Nice try. You'll be staying here with Chewie."

"What?? With him? I can't!"

"Oh, right. Why not?"

Leia mumbled something incoherent.