Chapter 33 - Peace Out

A/N: Hi guys! Okay, I skipped a week, so sorry about that. Life is busy, yada yada yada.

This chapter took a long time; much longer than I expected it to. But I think it turned out pretty good! I'll leave the opinions up to you, though.

Go ahead and read! It's gonna be *lit*!! (Sorry, I had to.)
WHEEEEE!

The next morning, Leia woke up to Luke persistently shaking her shoulder. The Princess blinked away the sleepiness in her eyes and wondered how she'd gotten back into bed. She didn't even remember going to sleep. But the shaking sure was annoying.

"Leia, wake up!" Luke demanded, finally yanking the blanket off the bed, exposing his sister to the chilly air of the Tatooine morning.

"I'm awake, I'm awake! Sheesh, calm down." Leia stretched her arms above her head and yawned.

Luke watched, unimpressed. He said, "I just thought you should know something."

"It'd better be worth waking me up before the sun has risen."

"It is, trust me."

"Okay, give it your best shot."

"Ben is reading your journal."

Leia sat up instantly and snapped to attention.

"Wait, really?" she asked, prepared to leap out of bed if it was true, and prepared to clobber Luke if it wasn't.

"Yep."

As soon as the word was out of Luke's mouth, Leia sprung to her feet and stumbled into the next room. Sure enough, "Ben" was sitting on a stool, leafing through the pages of Leia's most prized possession.

"Hey!" Leia yelled, lunging for the book. She snatched it out of Obi-Wan's hands and held it close to her chest.
"Since when does everyone want to read my journal?!"

Obi-Wan sat there, as calm as ever, and replied, "I was just curious as to what you write about. I have to admit, it was wonderful to see you using your mother's journal."

Leia slowly drew her gaze to the journal in her arms. She remembered Ben mentioning "her mother's journal" when they had first met, back at Luke's home. Obi-Wan had never given a proper explanation to his statement.

"So. . .can you. . .tell me that story?" Leia asked cautiously. Obi-Wan smiled warmly and ducked his head in a nod.

"Of course. Your mother was a diplomat, and for a time, the Queen of Naboo. She, much like yourself, was most likely looking for an escape from everyday life. A confidant, perhaps. Then, she found that journal.

"There was hardly any time for her to write, but when she did, it was with passion. That journal was her pride and joy, and she treated it with extreme care. She wrote about anything and everything. Her feelings, her handmaidens, her position as Queen, your father, and eventually, her pregnancy with you two.

"I was surprised when I saw you with that book. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the same one. I told you it was your mother's because I trusted my instincts. Then, today, I saw the writing on the inside of the cover. That confirmed what I already thought to be true."

Leia frowned. "What writing inside the cover?"

Obi-Wan gestured to Leia's journal, signaling for her to see for herself.

The Princess cautiously opened the book to the first page. On the inside of the front cover, there was a small line of elaborate handwriting. Leia gaped.