Chapter 62 - Just Another Day in Paradise

A/N: Hey all! Sorry for the big gap between uploads, school is back in sesh, and to be honest, junior year is a lot harder than sophomore year. Plus, there's the whole "I'm at a totally different school" factor. But it's fine, I'm FINE XD

Reviews!

changingdestiny40: Thank you!! Chapter 61 was my favorite chapter that I've written, I think. Yeah, you know, I thought about adding Padme in somehow, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it and tie it into the current plot...so I just kinda didn't :p Hopefully sometime in the future, though!
No, they did not use tongue XD !!
Mara Jade, you say? Haha, maybe someday. The remainder of this story is prewritten, so it's not in the plot. But you never know what could happen in a future story ;)
Yes, so basically, here's how the Force relates to the situation: my belief or "headcanon" or whatever it's called, is that the Force is an intelligent being (force) that has knowledge of what is happening to the people that use it. The Force knew (kind of subconsciously since it's not human) that they needed to get the conversation out of the way so they had time to heal and figure things out together. Waiting would have just made things worse. Thanks for your review!!!

thegingeRNightowl: They are indeed awkward, but that's all part of the fun XD Aw, thank you! I'm glad to hear it's one of your favorites! Twins will be interacting with Vader very soon!

Alright folks, let's get this show on the road!

oOo

Luke's world had been, to say the least, knocked straight out of orbit. He'd known that Leia was keeping a secret, but the magnitude of it didn't register until it was too late. He never should have asked her about it. Maybe then he wouldn't feel like he was being sucked into a black hole.

Some obnoxious, dark part of him wanted to be mad at his sister. . .but he couldn't bring himself to really feel it. It wasn't her fault that their father was—

Wow. He also hadn't realized it would be so hard to admit it to himself. Even thinking the truth was difficult. No wonder Leia had been so hesitant to tell him. She herself had been dealing with that knowledge for weeks, all alone. Without anyone to talk to about it. If anything, Luke felt sad for Leia.

He still had a hard time processing exactly what had happened last night. Some of it was easy to recall. For example, he remembered going off to find Leia, and eventually joining her in hanging upside down off Han's bed. Then they started talking; Leia built her way up to the big reveal. He even remembered the words.

Our father. . .Anakin Skywalker. . .is Darth Vader.

But everything after that was a blur of static and endless spinning. He definitely remembered the spinning. After Leia had told him, he must have fallen off the bed or something, because the room spun around him and suddenly he was on the floor. Except things never really stopped spinning. The panic kicked in, and he had a fuzzy memory of Leia hugging him. They had spoken to each other briefly, but had it been out loud, or through the Force?

Really, the only things he could still remember clearly were the emotions. And those were the things he'd rather forget.

He'd never felt so empty. So numb. So angry. He had been mad at everything and everyone. His father was Darth Vader. And it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair to him or Leia. His aunt and uncle had kept that from him. Leia's adoptive parents had never told her either. Even Ben Kenobi had lied to them about their father! Ben had said that Anakin "disappeared" after the Clone Wars and was never seen again. He'd made it seem like their father was probably dead.

Bitterly, Luke realized that part was true. Anakin was dead. The Dark Side had murdered him and turned him into the monster everyone called Darth Vader.