Chapter 42 - Out of the Frying Pan

A/N: Before you come at me with pitchforks and torches, YES I realize I was gone for an extra week again. And I'm very very very very very sorry. . .idk, life happens. You ever notice that sometimes life just kinda flies by and you don't even notice it until you realize "OH MY GOSH, IT'S SATURDAY?!"? That's me literally all the time.

Anyway, none of that matters 'cause Chapter 42 is here, albeit a little late, heh.

My friends, we are drawing uncomfortably close to the climax of this story. Who remembers when I said, "This story will only be about 35 chapters long"? Yeah, that was supposed to happen, but then I started adding to the prewritten story and now here we are. I REGRET NUTHIN'.

Now, responding to reviews!

Nobodythestormcrow: "Luke the hyperactive terror" XD best thing I've heard since forever...that actually sums up his personality really well!
Oh yeah, trust me, Vader is gonna have his hands full. His response is priceless...I can't wait till you read some of the future chapters, haha!
Forcing the prisoners to babysit the twins, you say? Not a bad idea. I'll make sure to mention it to the Dark Lord himself the next time I bump into him XD I'm sure he'd agree with ya.
OMG, BATMAN AND ROBIN ARE PRETTY MUCH VADER AND LUKE. You may have just made the best reference/observation in the whole history of the universe. It's definitely the black...
Thanks for reviewing!! :)

changingdestiny40: Well, all very good questions. I'll try my best to answer them -
So, the lights were flashing because the coolant *was* actually leaking - they just couldn't SEE it. It was leaking beneath the control panel, kind of dripping out of the pipe.
Yeah, Luke was down there and didn't think to say to Leia, "Hey there's not a leak down here...keep an eye out for something up there!"...so Leia was virtually unprepared for what happened. It's not really Luke's fault that there's a leak, but Leia might've been a little more ready if he would've mentioned it :p
I think that answers your third question too - yes, there was already a leak, but it wasn't where they thought it would be.
Haha, Leia should be fine. The coolant shouldn't cause any damage to Leia herself...only her stress levels :p
And yeah, Vader rarely has a "good day". His life is pretty tense as it is - I'd hate to see what happens when he meets these crazy kids XD. Thanks for the review!

Alright, that about sums up the review responses!

Oh, minor side note...I don't know if I already mentioned it, but my FFN account has been wonky lately and won't let me log in/respond to reviews/receive PMs. So. That's a thing. I've done everything I can at this point, but it's still being weird. I did, however, discover FFN's new APP!!! GUYS, I know I'm probably late in finding out about this, but if you haven't downloaded that app (and you're a member of FFN, obv) YA GOTTA DO IT. It's genius! And I've been able to access my account from there, so HUZZAH.

I know if you're still reading this, you're a true pal, haha.

Anywayyyy, on to chapter 42!

WHEEEEEEE!

For one moment (one fleeting, terrifying moment), all the chaos surrounding Leia faded into the background. All she could hear was the deep, blood-curdling, distant voice of Darth Vader.

Leia. Hear me, Leia. You must come to me. You must find me. We have much to discuss.

Then another wave of coolant splashed in Leia's face, ending the brief window of communication. As the irritating spray of coolant continued to soak Leia and her clothes, the Princess tried desperately to respond to Vader's message, or even just listen for more.