Chapter 26 - Twinning Is Winning

A/N: Heyo, wonderful people of the Internet! Hope your day is going SPLENDIDLY!
Welcome to. . . *deep breath* CHAPTER 26!!!!

If you've ever skipped an authors note, okay. BUT DONT SKIP THIS ONE!

This is now your heads-up. This chapter is BY FAR my favorite one that I've written. It's. . .well, you'll have to read to find out what exactly is so wonderful about CHAPTER 26!! No spoilers. None.

So. Just be prepared for the "greatest revelation of your life". It's the moment you've all been (probably) waiting for. Have fun!

"So," Leia said, as she and Luke walked through the desert. "Lemme get this straight. You want to pilot the Millennium Falcon?"

Luke smiled along with a nod.

Leia continued, "Okay, riiiiight. Remind me again what your plan is?"

"It's simple. We find the ship, we hop in, I'll fly it towards my house, we pick up Han, we fly away! See? Simple!"

Luke turned to see Leia's reaction. She had gone slack-jawed and her eyebrows were furrowed in a, "Are you CRAZY?" look. Luke winced.

"Luke!" she exclaimed. "Of course it's not simple. You don't even know how to fly that ship! And it'll be harder than that to just pick up Han! The place is probably swarming with stormtroopers!"

"Yeah, but they came yesterday! They wouldn't still be there."

"Wanna bet?"

". . .not really. . ."

"That's what I thought. Luke, I think this has actually turned into Mission: Impossible."

"No, it's not. It'll be fine."

"Promise?"

"Uh. . ."

"Don't answer that. I already know." Leia sounded disappointed.

Luke realized that his uncertainty really wasn't helping his side of the argument. Fortunately, he didn't have to keep talking. Not too far ahead of them, the familiar shape of the Millennium Falcon could be seen.

Luke and Leia gazed at it in awe. They simultaneously challenged, "Race ya."

Leia took off running immediately, and Luke followed when he figured out that she was serious.

Leia enjoyed the temporary pleasure of running. It had always been something she'd enjoyed, though she rarely had the chance to do it on Alderaan. Sometimes she would run through the palace halls just because she could. Other times, she'd run up to the little gazebo on the hill behind her home.

She never realized how much she missed that sensation.

The breeze she created whipped through her hair and filled her lungs. As she ran, her speed quickened to the point that Luke fell very far behind.

Checking to make sure nobody was watching, Leia spread her arms out at her sides, still running. The sensation was twice as better that way. To add to the fun, Leia did a little twirl and laughed.

Suddenly, running towards Han's ship, Leia acquired that welcome sense of freedom. Perhaps it was the openness of the desert, or perhaps it was the mere action of running. Whatever the reason, Leia was filled with a feeling of joy. She never wanted that feeling to end.

Unfortunately, the Millennium Falcon was looming closer every second, and it would be impractical to run right past it. Therefore, ten seconds later, Leia skidded to a half when she came within a few feet of the ship.