Chapter 15 - On The Move

A/N: Why, hello there! So kind of you to drop by! This chapter is up sooner than I had planned, sooooo. . .yay, I guess!!

If you haven't noticed, I included a nice little lyric video. The song is WILDSIDE by Sabrina Carpenter and Sofia Carson. I heard it the other day on tv, and I was like, "ITS PERFECT."
Technically speaking, it's not totally relevant to the chapter. . .but if this story had a theme song. . .THIS WOULD BE THE SONG. It fits, believe me ;)

Hope ya all had a lovely Fourth of July (or a lovely weekend last week if you don't celebrate it)!!
Okay, I'll let you read now. I'll see you at the bottom!!! :)

Diary of Leia Organa

Well, it's official. I, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, look like a Tatooine native. Before you freak out, let me explain myself.

Owen (Mr. Lars? Owen Lars? Mr. Owen? Luke's Uncle?) found me in Luke's room and told me I could wear his nephew's clothes. To be honest with you, I didn't feel comfortable wearing a stranger's clothes, but I didn't have much of a choice.

I walked out of that room looking like a. . .I'm sure there's a name for it. Tatooinian? Sand-dweller? Either way, I don't think my own PARENTS would have recognized me! I looked like LUKE. Well, from my neck down, I guess.

How do people LIVE like this? The outfits they wear make me feel like I'm inside a potato sack! And since this is a DESERT planet, you'd think their clothes would be light, right? Wrong! They're heavy and itchy!!

I really wish I had my OWN clothes with me.

As if that wasn't enough torment, I had to follow Luke around while he did his chores. I didn't help very much, except for occasionally tightening something or holding something. Not that I had any idea what I was tightening or holding. Moisture farming is a tough businessand they come with tough chores!

By the time we hiked back to the house, I thought I was gonna pass out. I also looked like I just crawled out of a Sarlaac pit. (A Sarlaac is apparently a large worm-monster that has a ton of teeth and tentacles. Luke explores a lot, I guess.) I was seriously starting to welcome a heat stroke. Not even kidding.

Now, we're sitting in Luke's room while I journal and he builds a model ship. He calls it an X-wing, but I've never heard of that. I really need to get out more.

You know, I wouldn't mind staying here for a while. I mean, it's not ideal. . .and the heat isn't great. And I wouldn't really enjoy dressing like this every day. Plus, Owen and Beru keep looking at me weird. Do I look like a suspicious person or something? What gives them that idea? What did I do to them? Sheesh.

But anyway, I wouldn't mind if I just. . .stayed here. Luke is a pretty good friend, as far as I'm concerned. He's also pretty amusing, if you know what I mean. I feel surprisingly calm around him, almost like I knew him before we actually met.

But I know that isn't possible, unless we met as babies or something. And that's an even MORE unlikely theory. What the heck am I talking about?

I really love my family, but they never take me seriously. Well, my parents do. I know they only want what's best for me. My aunts are another story. They just try to micromanage every detail of my life in the case that it benefits them.

I know it sounds harsh, but it's true! To them, I'm a marionette that they control whenever they feel like it. My parents never really approved of how my aunts act around me, but they also never put their foot down. Mother and Father always just sort of. . .observe.