Chapter 9 - Nerf Herder

Diary of Leia Organa

Well, this is day. . .four (??) of my trip through space with a smuggler and a Wookiee. Now that's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

I probably lied about the day, because I really have no idea. I lost count once we went into space. This stuff just goes on forever and ever.

Things have been tense since I last wrote. Han hasn't prodded further about what I said to him, and I rarely leave the cargo room now. I leave to eat and shower, but I always do it silently.

Han doesn't talk to me, and I don't talk to Han. It's finally balanced, I guess.

Last night (the last time I fell asleepday and night doesn't exist in space), I slept only about an hour or so. I was thinking about where we're going.

Han called it "Tatooine", and I can't say I've ever heard of it before. My parents never mentioned it, I never heard of it in school, and yet. . .I kind of feel compelled to GO there. Is that odd? I kind of think it is. After all, I've never HEARD of it.

I could ask Han about the planet, but I'm seriously debating whether he'll talk to me or not. Not that I care or anything. I'm just stating fact, that's all. His opinion means nothing. At all.

Ugh.

I guess now would be a good time to write about a topic I CAN'T talk about: Han.

I don't know his last name, but I don't need to know. However, I'm still trying to figure out what it is about him that makes me feel weird.

Whenever he looks at me, I get this indescribable feeling deep down. Now, I'm no expert on this. . .but all facts point to a very disturbing conclusion: I, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, might think this pilot is. . .sort of. . .kind of. . .maybe. . .cute.

Now wait before you judge me! I can't control how I feel! I'm thirteen! NO teenage girl can control how they feel (at least that's what my mother says)!!

Is all of this true? Yes! But there's not one single thing that I can do to change it! He's too. . .oh, I doubt there's a word for it. Whenever he looks at me. . .with that cocky half-grin. . .and those eyes. . .I think he has really nice eyes.

UGH. Who have I become? I wasn't trained for this! I'm so confused!

I feel so. . .awkward and vulnerable. . .and when he looks at me, I can feel something warm creeping up my cheeks or something. . .

I need to remind myself why I'm here, and who I left behind. I can't afford to get all entranced by this scruffy looking pilot who smuggles illegal things across the galaxy!

Now that that's off my chest, I think I'll go inquire more about Tatooine.

-Leia

The Princess slid her journal back into her leather satchel and stood up from her crisscossed position.

Before she left the room, she quickly threw her mess of curly hair into a sloppy braid.

To be honest, Leia had never truly liked her curly hair. Her mother didn't have curls, nor her father. So who in the worlds did she inherit curly hair from?