Chapter 13 - Unlucky and Unlikely

A/N: Hiyah! Ahhh, we've reached Chapter 13...lucky number 13, am I right ;)
Can I start by saying this: EEEEEEE! Thank you SO MUCH for 150+ reads!!! That's AWESOME!! I didn't even expect TWO reads when I published the first chapter!! ACK you guys are the bomb XD
I've also been meaning to upload this story to FFN, but...I don't actually know how *sheepish laugh*. Does anyone here know how to do that? And can I do it from a mobile device instead of a computer? Lemme know if you have any info on that :)
Okayyy enough of my rambling. Here's Lucky 13, y'all!!

Luke was still staring at Leia with an expression somewhere between angry, shocked, confused, and excited. It was most likely all of the above.

Leia, however, was none of those things. She was mostly guilty, and maybe even the slightest bit ashamed. She knew good and well that she should've told Luke about her "heritage" right away.

"What?!" Luke exclaimed again. One of his hands went up to rake through his hair. He looked distraught.

Leia nodded solemnly, feeling equal parts relieved and ashamed.

Luke, like Han had first done, looked Leia up and down. His scrutinizing gaze made Leia more than a little prepared for what he was going to say next.

"You don't look like a Princess," the boy stated suspiciously.

"I get that a lot."

"Huh. So. . .if you're a princess from Alderaan. . .you're the Princess of Alderaan?!"

"That seems about right."

"Then. . .why are you on Tatooine? Like I said before, this isn't the ideal vacation spot."

"I'm not on vacation, I already told you the story — I ran away."

"You never told me why you ran away."

"You'd think it's stupid." Luke wouldn't exactly be able to relate.

"No, I won't! I promise!"

"But it's a stupid reason. At least, I think so."

"Tell me anyway. Please?"

Leia sighed in defeat. She tried to come up with at least one reason why she shouldn't tell him. . .but nothing came to mind. Luke was still waiting patiently, and Leia didn't want to lie to him.

"I ran away because. . .I was being forced into something I didn't want to do," she admitted.

Luke made a, "Go on. . ." motion.

Leia really would rather not elaborate on the situation, but she had already told Han, so. . .

"My three aunts were trying to push me in a, uh. . .romantic situation. I thought it was unnecessary, which it was, so. . .I just. . .left."

"And so you came to Tatooine of all places?"

"Not on purpose. Han flew us here, because he needed a part for the hyperdrive or whatever. Maybe for another reason — he never really told me."

"And this Han was the pilot of the ship you stowed away on?"

"Is the pilot. Not was the pilot. But yes."

"What made you choose that ship?"

"It had its ramp lowered, so it was the easiest to board."

"Gee, that seems dangerous. It could've been a pirate ship, or a smuggler ship."

Leia winced subtly at how accurately Luke had just spoken. The boy noticed the weird look on her face.