Chapter 18 - Use The Force

A/N: Hiyah, wonderful people of the Internet!! Hope you're having a wonderful day (or night)!! Yes, it's that time. Time for a new chapter of My Life as Leia (MLAL)!!! This chapter is actually kinda early. . .hmm. . .

Some fun stuff is gonna happen in this chapterlike, FUN. I spent forever writing this chapter! I'm literally SO EXCITED to upload this!!!! This is my fave chapter so far, if I do say so myself.

I hope you like it as much as I do!

The next day, Leia woke up before Luke. At first, the Princess didn't remember where she was. That is, until she saw the all too familiar checkered game table. A small, relieved smile spread across her face. It was good to be 'home'.

While Leia was making her way to the cockpit (where Luke had fallen asleep), she noticed the broken hyperdrive. The mechanism was still emitting a small wisp of smoke and was starting to fog up the area.

Hmm. I wonder if Luke knows how to fix stuff like this.

She decided to test the theory. Leia's next stop was the cockpit of the ship. Luke was sitting curled up in the pilot's chair with his head in his arms. Leia stifled a laugh. He didn't look comfortable, yet the boy was fast asleep.

"Luke," she whispered. When he didn't move a muscle, Leia tried again.

"Luke." No response.

"Luke!" Nothing.

After breathing out a discouraged sigh, Leia decided to try the more aggressive approach.

"LUKE!!" Leia yelled directly into his ear, while at the same time giving the chair a kick so it spun around.

Luke woke up with a yell, but he ended up falling onto the floor in a groggy, disoriented heap.

Leia started giggling and didn't bother to feel guilty about it. With a low groan, the young farm boy moved to a sitting position.

"Please tell me there was a reason for that!" Luke exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head tenderly.

"Actually, there was! Remember the thing Han broke? The hyperdrive—"

"Whoa, wait, this ship has a hyperdrive?"

"Yeah. Why? Is that surprising?"

"I've never seen one of those before! Not in real life, anyway."

"Oh. Then I guess you won't know how to fix—"

"Fix what? Fix the hyperdrive?"

"Why can't I ever finish a sentence around y—"

"Where's the hyperdrive?!"

Instead of answering this time, Leia just motioned for Luke to follow her down the hall.

It's no use trying to talk to him.

They reached the smokey area, and Luke got to stare in awe at the broken piece of machinery. Though, as far as Leia knew, the hyperdrive was actually missing a piece. Wasn't that the reason Han came to Tatooine?

When Leia looked closer, there was definitely a large chunk missing. How could Luke fix it without—

"Leia, I bet I could fix this!!" Luke yelled, hands waving about excitedly.

It seems that I can't even finish a thought around here!

"How?" Leia answered, baffled.

"I'm not actually sure. But I know I could figure something out."

"Um. . .okay, if you're sure."