Chapter 32 - Houston, We Have Several Problems

A/N: Alriiiiiight! I'm back, and I've got a new chapter for ya! Sorry for the delay, but, to put a very long and painful story short, a kid named. . .well, let's just call him Joe, CRACKED one of my ribs. Yes, that's right. CRACKED.

Sooooo that's been real fun to deal with, as you've probably guessed. Ugh.

In other news, fall is here!! And September is almost done!! WHAAAT! The year has seriously flown by.

Welp, I should let you start reading. This chappie is an interesting one. Leia busts out the ol' tiara again :p

LETS DO DIS. WHEEEEE!

"The Force is sometimes difficult to explain and comprehend," Obi-Wan was saying. The twins were sitting on the floor in front of him, listening intently.

"It is an energy field that can be manipulated to do the will of men, but it can also influence the decisions of others. When someone is strong with the Force, they have a high count of midichlorians, which are certain cells that everyone has. However, only a selected few have many midichlorians.

"Those people are called Force-sensitive, which would be what you two are. Your father, Anakin, had the highest count of midichlorians ever recorded. You inherited your Force-sensitivity from Anakin. That is why you are both so powerful."

"Powerful?" Leia asked warily. "I'm not sure if I like the sound of that or not."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Many Force-sensitives were adopted into the Jedi Order to be trained to use their power for good, like me. The trainees are called Padawan Learners. With proper training, the Padawans become able to bend and manipulate the Force at will. And, if you had been trained correctly, you both would be able to do the same."

"Really?" questioned Leia. "I mean, Luke and I can already use that power—"

"The Force," Obi-Wan corrected.

"Right. We can already use the Force, and we haven't had any training. How does that work?"

"You don't require training to use the Force. Only for how you use it. When a Force-sensitive is trained, they have more options and opportunities for how they can use their ability. What exactly have you done so far?"

"What? With the Force?"

"Yes."

Luke and Leia exchanged glances of uncertainty. They hadn't used the Force to do anything but make their presence known to Vader. How was that supposed to impress a former Jedi master? Leia suddenly felt very amateur and insignificant.

Fortunately, the twins didn't have to answer, because Obi-Wan held up a hand and said, "Never mind. I don't want to know. You two have been causing nothing but trouble lately. I don't expect it to produce a valid use of the Force."

Luke and Leia looked sheepish. Then, Luke spoke up.

"So. . .why can't you just train us? How hard can it be?"

Obi-Wan shook his head sadly. "I'm afraid that's not possible. I couldn't give you the training you require. I'm getting too old for such endeavors, these days. The last thing I need is to train two rambunctious teenagers. It is customary for training to begin when the Padawan is very young."

"What about the other Jedi?" Luke asked, eyes wide with hopefulness. "Can one of them teach us?"

Leia cringed, because she, unlike Luke, was taught about the devastating event that wiped out the Jedi. And it was no fairy tale, either.