Chapter 30 - Silly Pilot, Crushes Are For Kids

A/N: HELLO AGAIN!! It feels like it's been forever since I've updated, but it's only been, like, a week. I know it's a little late in the weekend, but I've been busy busy busy. My school went on a "retreat" from Wednesday to Friday, which was basically this: a three-day field trip in the woods with all the annoying people from school. It was. . .interesting.

Let's just say I'm glad to be back in the land of wifi and air conditioning.

At this point, I know you've either skipped over all that stuff or you're now just pretending to care, hehe. So, I won't bore you any longer. On to the chapter! WHEEEEE!

The next morning, Leia woke up first. Clearly her body was adjusting to the new routine. The Suns, however, seemed to be taking their time as they slowly lit up the sky. Nobody else was visibly awake.

To pass the time, Leia rolled onto her stomach, grabbed her satchel, pulled out her journal, and flipped through it. She skipped back to her second entry she'd ever written. It read:

Diary of Leia Organa

Well. I know I said I wouldn't be writing here anytime soon. . .but here I am. I mean, how hard can it be? It wouldn't be so bad if I wrote in here again, would it? Father says that journaling can help express your inner thoughts and help relax you. . .or something like that. I fail to see how writing what you think can RELAX you. But I digress.

I just came up with a bunch of questions today that nobody's ever thought to answer. For example. . .

Why doesn't everyone just live on one huge planet?

Why are there DIFFERENT planets?

Why are there aliens?

Why isn't the galaxy just humans? Or maybe just aliens?

Why does the galaxy have an emperor? What does the Emperor look like? Is he as kind as people say he is? I doubt it. So, why do I doubt it?

Well, the answer is quite simple. I know a lot of people are told complete lies about the emperor. They're told that he's the nicest person in the galaxy. That can't be true! I've heard that the Emperor has slaves, and that's awful! Slavery is horrible! People shouldn't be forced to do degrading tasks, every day, with no pay, for the most cruel man in the universe! I just can't express that actual opinion because everyone looks at me like I grew a second head.

My parents agree with me, of course. They just don't like me to tell other people what I think. It's not my favorite rule.

I don't actually have a favorite rule. Speaking of rules, here are some new editions to Rules Leia Must Follow From Now On:

1.) No climbing on top of the water fountain.

2.) No cutting holes in my leggings.

3.) No sliding through the halls in my socks.

4.) No walking on my balcony railing like a tightrope.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think my family didn't want me to have any fun! C'mon, seriously? No climbing on top of the fountain? Where am I supposed to hang upside down? Sheesh.

I should go. My tutor is calling me.

-Leia

The Princess smiled fondly at the memory. Her parents had added yet another rule that day: no riding your textbooks down the stairs.