Chapter 50 - Q & A, Minus The A

A/N: Maybe no one noticed that I skipped a week again. *checks* Nope, they definitely noticed. WELP.

Hey guys!!!!! This A/N is gonna be a short one. I had one written out already, but then the computer glitched and it got deleted, so here we are. Regardless, thank you so much for your patience! AND WHOA THIS IS CHAPTER 50!!!!!!!!!! We've come so far - might as well keep it up XD

changingdestiny40: I'll hafta respond to your review over PM because my email won't let me see your review :p So keep an eye out for that, and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Rainbowdea: Were you yelling at the twins, Vader, the cliffhanger, or life in general? :p Either way, I feel ya XD

OOOOKAY fellas, here we go. If you like bucketloads of Vader Feels (ALL THE FEELS), then this is the chapter for you. Seriously. Lotsa feels.

LET'S GO!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Luke was hiding as far behind Leia as the small space would allow. However, he was genuinely surprised at how calm she looked. The Dark Lord was standing over her, and she was smiling. What kind of cuckoo bird smiled when they could die in the next five seconds?

"What is the meaning of all this?" Vader demanded, as the stormtroopers happily scurried out of the room. The lights were on now, which took away some of the intensity of the situation, but not enough.

Leia carefully stood to her feet, making sure to avoid the wild flames on either side.

"Well," she began, "I didn't feel like waiting for you to come back to the cell. And I want answers."

"Answers to what?"

"To everything! Why were you looking for me? Why did you act so nervous back in the cell? How come I feel this weird emotion in you that wasn't there before?"

At the last question, Vader stepped back. She could feel it, too? Once again, it was something he should've expected, but it came as a shock nonetheless.

After several seconds of silence, in which Luke stood up as well, Vader took both siblings by the arm and unceremoniously dragged them through the opening in the fire. Leia walked obediently (almost eagerly) alongside him, but Luke was harder to persuade. He thrashed and pulled and dug his heels into the floor. Eventually, when it wasn't working at all, he gave up, sending Leia a, Don't make me regret this.

She replied, Don't worry, nothing bad's gonna happen to us.

Vader turned his head in her direction, and Leia wondered if he could hear the twins talking through the Force. Maybe it would be better to stay quiet for a while.

Darth Vader's iron grip led them down countless sleek hallways, taking so many turns that Leia thought they were going in circles. For a moment, Leia considered reading Vader's mind, but the more she thought about it, the riskier it sounded. Eventually, she abandoned the idea altogether and just trotted faster to keep up with Vader's pace.

Following several more minutes of heavy silence, Leia ventured to ask, "Where are we going?"

Without looking at her, Vader answered, "A place we can have a civilized conversation."

"Oh, okay. . .so, if it's gonna be a civilized conversation, I have the right to ask questions, right?"

Vader hesitated before responding. "If you must."

Leia pumped her free arm in victory, peeking behind Vader's back to give Luke a thumbs up. The blond boy replied with a fearful grimace, but Leia only rolled her eyes and faced forward again.