Chapter 40 - Curiosity Killed The Cat

A/N: OH MY GOSH, HI!!! So, that was really intense, but GUYS. This is chapter 40!!! This story has 40 stinkin' chapters!! WOW.

Of course, there is some promised action in this chapter. I worked super hard on this one, and it's significantly longer than, like, every other chapter. BUT, I have a feeling you're gonna like it.
Also, FFN is being funky and won't let me respond to reviews, so here's a couple responses:

changingdestiny40: hi! Sorry I couldn't respond to your review sooner. I think most of your questions will be answered in this chapter, hehe ;) and I'll give you my opinion of Donald Trump in a PM once I can get that working. Enjoy this one!! :)

thechosenbibliopath: did I get that username right?? And thanks for your review!! Glad you're enjoying the story so far!! :)

A'ight, let's get this train rolling.
WHEEEEEE!!

Han Solo had known that leaving the twins alone was probably not the smartest thing to do. However, bringing them into town around stormtroopers wasn't ideal either. So, obviously, Han left Luke and Leia in the care of only each other. It seemed like a doable idea at the time. And, honestly, Han almost knew something would go terribly wrong.

Yet, nothing could've prepared him for the sound of an engine as he was heading back to the shuttle. Han took off running as fast as he could, pleading to himself that it wasn't the shuttle. Hoping he wasn't too late.

To his dismay and horror, it was in fact the shuttle. And, no matter how fast Han ran, he was too late.

Almost immediately after Han reached the shuttle where it was parked, the white ship lifted off the ground, sending clouds of sand flying everywhere.

Han's stomach dropped.

A million awful (and, typically, somewhat pessimistic) thoughts raced through the young pilot's mind. Had Luke and Leia been found? Captured? Were they alive? Were they even on the shuttle?

Of course they were on the shuttle, Han thought. He knew the twins would've at least obeyed his orders that far. But how long would they last without being found? Assuming they weren't already discovered.

Han clenched his fists. There was one person he knew that could possibly do something about this. The only question was, would this man do something? Han decided there was only one way to find out.

So, with a goal set firmly in his mind, Han Solo turned and jogged back into the crowds of Mos Eisley. He had to be fast.

~•~

Luke and Leia sat as still as possible while muffled footsteps echoed above them. Neither twin dared to so much as whisper, so they were forced to communicate only with their expressions.

Currently, Luke looked like he might be trying to eavesdrop on the stormtroopers on the upper level. Leia just looked terrified.

Luke suddenly began to stand up, much to Leia's horror. When Luke was fully on his feet, he motioned for Leia to do the same. She shook her head. So, Luke pointed urgently at the ceiling and cupped a hand around his ear to prove his point.

Leia got the hint. Apparently the stormtroopers were having quite the conversation.

The Princess cautiously shifted to a kneeling position, as if she was afraid she would make the floor squeak. It wouldn't—it was metal.