Chapter 20 - Reunion

A/N: hi there! Welcome to another chapter of MLAL!

Okay. Guys. You have NO IDEA how excited I am to upload this.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA. This is the long awaited *deeeep breath* CHAPTER TWENTY!!!! Time flies when you're havin' fun!

This chapter took eons to write, lemme tell ya. And I've been waiting to upload it cuz there's some neat stuff in here!!!!

Alsooooo. . .this chapter does end on a lil' cliffhanger. So that's a thing. ENJOIIII!

The next morning, Leia woke up before Luke, which was a rare occurrence.

An hour or so later, Luke awoke to find Leia sitting dejectedly atop the rock they had slept behind. She was curled up in a ball with her legs tucked to her chest. Her arms were wrapped around herself, and her eyes stared off with a faraway look.

Despite the very focused atmosphere that surrounded Leia, Luke thought there was something more going on beneath the surface.

He climbed up onto the rock and sat next to her. Leia made no move to acknowledge his prescence. In fact, she seemed to be ignoring him on purpose.

Every time Luke tried to look at her, the Princess turned away and stiffened slightly. She kind of appeared as though she wanted to say something, but she stayed silent.

Finally, Luke took her by the shoulders and forcefully turned her around. She didn't actively resist.

Leia's usually dazzling brown eyes were dim and filled with unshed tears. Now Luke understood why she kept turning away. The sight of Leia crying was a rare one indeed.

"What's the matter?" Luke asked, confused. She had been fine last night! What had happened between then and now? Bad dream? Was she hurt?

Leia blinked back the vulnerability and shrugged. Luke shook his head.

"Leia, I know it's not nothing. If something's wrong. . .I'd like to think you can tell me."

"Of course something's wrong!" Leia erupted.

"What—"

"But I can't tell you or you'll think I'm crazy!"

The last statement got Luke's attention. Leia, realizing what she had revealed, clamped her mouth shut and turned away again.

"You know. . .I bet I'll believe you. I've felt the same way you have. Just tell me."

Leia faced Luke once more. She opened her mouth as if to reply, but the words died before they left her lips. Leia ended up changing the subject, which Luke noticed but didn't voice.

"I've been thinking. We left the speeder in Mos Eisley. Don't you think we should get it back?"

"And go back to that cesspool? I don't think so."

"But doesn't the speeder belong to your aunt and uncle?"

Luke had to admit that Leia made a good argument.

"Fine," Luke sighed. "But only to get the speeder."

"Right."

The two friends hopped off the rock and set off to Mos Eisley in search of the parked speeder.

Although, if Leia had stayed on topic, she just might've found out that she and Luke had more in common than they knew.

Now, you must be wondering about Owen, Beru, and (of course) Han and Chewbacca. I assure you, they're doing just fine. In fact, now that Luke and Leia are walking, why don't we go check on our other characters?