Chapter 59 - Stupid Feelings

A/N: Ha HAAA, I did it! Got this bad boy online within a week! For your reading pleasure! :p

SeanHicks4: Hey there! I mean, the flight time is kind of explained in this chapter. Plus, Luke was exaggerating with the "other side of the galaxy" thing. The Star Wars universe is kinda like a dartboard. Tatooine is on the outermost ring, and Coruscant is in the middle. Not impossibly far away. In ESB, it took Han and Leia approximately 40 days to get from Hoth to Bespin, so I'm not unaware of sublight traveling speeds. And yeah, this story is a little long. I know. But hey, if you don't like it, you don't gotta read it, bruh :P

Enjoy, guys! This one is a bit longer, so grab a snack, haha! (Kidding.) Also! Typos. I don't have time to triple proofread this, so sorry for any mistakes :p

Luke's Log
Day 4 - Longest Trip EVER

9:40 AM

It's been one day since we began our lonesome journey through deep space. Morale is waning. Resources depleted. Strength running dangerously low.

Just kidding. That's kinda what it feels like, though. Leia and Han are doing. . .fine, I guess. They've managed to argue about pretty much everything in existence so far, which is slightly annoying, but they might as well get it out of their system. We still have 13 days left of this flight, and I don't think I could handle those two flirting that long.

That's what they're doing, by the way. Flirting. If you asked them about it, they'd just yell at you and deny it, but I know better. I bet they know they're flirting, too. Wouldn't it be easier for them to just confess their undying love to each other and kiss or something? Or do people not do that? I don't know. I'm definitely not one to talk about romance. I don't exactly have any experience in that particular area.

But still. It's awkward to watch. A tiiiiny bit amusing, but mostly awkward. Nothing else has happened recently, though. Just endless space and an increasing desire to be absolutely anywhere but this ship. It's bad enough having to stay on Tatooine all the time, but a ship? For two weeks? This is insane! I'm gonna lose my mind!

10:16 AM

Ate some food Han cooked (yeah, he can cook) and then spent an hour questioning my life choices on the couch. Every minute feels like sixty years. Han says I'm exaggerating, but I don't care.

1:35 PM

Leia and I tried to play holochess for a while, but neither of us are any good at it. And once Chewbacca heard us playing, he wanted to join in, so we just gave up altogether and let him win (not that he had to try that hard). According to Han, it's always best to just let the Wookiee win. Not sure why. Must have something to do with the anger issues.

I've had some time to think lately (PLENTY of time), so I've been trying to figure some things out. And one thing that keeps coming to mind is this: how were we stationed above Tatooine in the Star Destroyer? I mean, when Leia and I were in that shuttle, I feel like we were flying for a while. Definitely more than a day. And it only took Han, like, 10 minutes to get to us. That doesn't add up.

Vader could've had the ship moved, of course. That's probably what happened. But why? It doesn't make sense! I know he's strong with the Force and all that, so I've been wondering. . .is it possible that he anticipated the whole thing and flew above Tatooine so Han could get to us faster? Maybe. I should probably ask Leia about it. She might know more than I do.