Chapter 23 - An Old Friend

A/N: Hola amigos! So nice of you to join us this fine day! I gotta make this quick cuz I have some stuff to do before I head off to a cow farm for the day (cows; I know). So without further ado, lets goooooo!

Leia sat in the soft, warm sand while Luke did his "farm boy work" on a moisture vaporater.

It had only been a day since the two teens confessed their abilities to one another, and they were already more comfortable around each other. Leia and Luke took pleasure in knowing something that supposedly no one else knew.

The two of them shared several knowing glances throughout the course of the day. Little did they know, Han Solo was in on their secret. He was just having a hard time debating whether he should tell them or not.

When he had "overheard" Beru and Owen's early-morning conversation, there weren't words to describe how shocked he'd been. Not only were Luke and Leia brother and sister. . .they were twins.

To be completely honest, Han cursed himself for not figuring it out sooner. Each kid shared certain personality traits, and they got along surprisingly well for "strangers". In fact, if Han was anyone else, he might've guessed they were best friends. The only thing that still confused him was the teens' parentage.

Leia's parents were Bail and Breha Organa, Royal Leaders of Alderaan. Luke lived with his aunt and uncle on a desert moisture farm, and he'd never mentioned his parents. Was Luke really the prince of Alderaan?

Han didn't want to guess anymore. He decided to be straightforward and ask Leia a few questions. But without revealing anything. . .

This ought to be fun.

~•~

Han found the boy and girl out doing Luke's chores. Well, Leia was only watching, but Luke seemed hard at work.

The pilot strolled over to Leia and casually sat down next to her. Instead of scooting away like Han thought she would, Leia stayed where she was, a smile on her face.

The girl looked a good deal happier than she'd been lately. Though, when Han didn't say anything for a while, Leia began to feel uncomfortable.

"Uh. . ." she prompted. "Was there something you were about to say?"

"What makes you think I came over here to chat?"

"The fact that you keep staring at me. Unless there's another reason. . .care to explain?"

"Huh? No! I just. . .okay, can I ask you something?"

The look on Leia's face said "no", but she ended up saying, "Sure."

"Remind me again who your parents are."

Leia's brown eyes visibly narrowed. She knew that she had told him this, so why was he asking again? There's no way he could've forgotten. What game was Han playing?

Whatever it is, I'll play along. For now.

"Which parents?" Leia asked, seemingly unmoved by the question.

Han, however, was thrown momentarily off course.

Which parents? As far as he was concerned, Leia only had one set of parents. But, he'd been wrong before.

"Uh. . .I wasn't aware there was more."

"Oh, yeah. I can't believe I didn't tell you! I'm adopted. So—"

"You're adopted?!" Han exclaimed, scrambling to his feet. "Why didn't I know about this?"

Leia took on a vaguely thoughtful expression. She didn't seem at all phased, or even surprised at Han's reaction. Had she purposely kept this information from him? It seemed awfully vital to keep to oneself.