Freezing part 1 ✔

"This is how your trying to fit in!?" Mom yells, she's been screaming at me for the past hour. I'm sitting down on my bed watching my mother pace back and forth with her hands on her hips.

"Where did I go wrong Aqua, I thought I raised you better then this. Didn't you hear anything I told this morning about being yourself. Is this being yourself!?" She gestures to my blue hair.

"Mom I can explain." I try to say but she leaves no room for that.

"No, Aqua I have brought you up better then that. Why Aqua, is our life here really that bad. Is this a phase!?" I honestly feel she may be taking this a little to seriously.

"Mom Can I please speak, can I at least explain my slef!?" I stand up from my bed and walk over to her. I put my hand on her shoulders and try to relax her. She turns around and sighs.

"Alright go ahead, explain." She sits down and looks up at me.

"OK, this is going to sound crazy but something really strange is going on with me-"

"Not this again Aqua, there's no such thing as magic."

"Mom just listen I'm being serious! for example my nails remain blue no matter how hard I rub with the nail remover, and look my lips no matter how hard I try it doesn't come off." I begin to rub it and like I said it doesn't come off.

She gets up from her bed and walks up to me. She tries taking it off too but it's no use. She then looks at my eyes.

"your eyes...there-"

"blue, I know." I finish off

"Ok, maybe your right." She looks away deep in thought.

"what Are you thinking mom?" With one more look she starts to walk out my room.

"I'm going to speak to your father, just don't worry about it will figure it out." And with that she walks out.

Moments after she walked out, I walk into my bathroom and strip out of my clothes and shower. I come out and my hair is still blue, I guess wishing for it to go back to normal isn't going to work.

I quickly change into shorts and a long t-shirt and lay in bed.

this is just great, I'm going to be sticking out like a sore thumb in school next week.

"Hey I heard what happened." I look up to see Zach standing by the door, Well this is a new scene, Zach actually talking to me like a actual human being.

The world must be ending.

"yeah well, you came up to see proof. Here's you're proof." I point to my face and lay back down.

"I didn't come to see proof, I just wanted to see how you where feeling?"

I raise back up and stare at my brother oddly, he came to see how I was feeling?

"the world has defiantly ended."

"Dramatic as always." he shakes his head.

"You know it doesn't look that bad on you." He walks into my room and sits on my bed.

"a-are you actually giving me a compliment." I gasp, and put my hands on my chest, to add more of an effect.

he doesn't say anything but narrow his eyes at me.

"It does look pretty cool" I say agreeing with his previous comment.

"Do you Remember in 8th grade when I dyed my hair red?" He chuckles at the thought and I do too.