"the ice queen has returned!"

"WHAT!" Damien and I shout at the same time.

Has she lost her mind, she wants Damien to kill me, what kind of mother is She.

"Calm down both of you and listen." She shush us and we calmly quiet down and stare at her with our eyes furrowed.

"in order to stop the cycle of sirens being spread upon other mermaids, we have to kill it."

"How? and why does it have to be Damien?" I question quickly.

"only during the full moon will you turn into a siren, and it has to be Damien because he's a fire mermaid he's the only one that can kill an ice siren."

"So since fire is stronger than ice it will kill or melt the siren in her?" Damien cuts in. probably trying to make sense out of the whole thing.

"exactly, but to get this straight fire isn't stronger than ice there both equally powerful, since she's half mermaid and half siren her siren won't be as powerful as it would of been if it was a full bred siren." She clarifies making everything sound more understanding.

"So during the full moon when my siren tries to take control over me, Damien will kill me, but how?"

"Damien has powers, which I'm sure he's well aware of." She points towards Damien and he nods silently.

"his power is fire so he'll have to get really close to you in order for this to work, he has to get as hot as possible and touch your heart and burn it before the transformation is complete." She's serious at this point and I can feel the tension in this room.

I'm scared what if something goes wrong what if he kills the both of us.

"What if I end up killing Aqua aswell?" Damien questions what I was thinking, he seems as worried as I am.

"That's the hard part. you would have to know exactly when to start and when to end it...." She becomes silent, making me worry more, what does that mean.

"I can't tell you how because I don't know, the bond you have with her hopefully will be strong enough to know when."

I look towards Damien, he has a worried expression on his face. I didn't ask for any of this and yet I'm in the center of it all.

"OK I'll do it" Damien looks at me with a small smile and smile back.

"I trust you." Lydia says as she looks back at me.

"you'll be ok I promise." She looks sad I can see her face sadden each second that passes.

"I know I will" I quickly grab her hand assuring her that I will be fine.

I cant believe I found my real mom, I was never looking but I found her anyways. I never realized how close she actually was to me I would of thought she was across the country by now....but no...she's right here.

"I'm happy you told me." I smile at her

"told you what?"

"everything, that your my mom and about who I really am, you don't understand the things I was going through and nothing seemed to make sense, but now it does and I have no one else to thank but you." I quickly hug her.

she doesn't hug back right away but soon enough I feel her embrace.

"Your welcome."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Your ready to go home." Damien smiles as we come to a stop in front of my house.

it feels like it's been forever since I've been here.