Taken✔

"Okay class open your notebooks, I'll be checking to see if you did your homework assignment." Ms. Maple my English teacher said while walking around the class with her grade book in one hand and a red pen on the other.

It's Friday and only first period, C.J. still hasn't arrived yet so I'm all alone. I haven't been in school for the past three days since the accident that happened. Mrs. Maple starts nearing my table and I start fidgeting with my fingers.

"Ms. Blair your homework please."

"Uhh, I didn't do it." I tell her not meeting her eyes.

"That's adding another zero on your report. You will fail my class if you don't start doing the assignments." She says walking back to her desk.

Did she not realize I have been gone for 3 days, or does she usually ignore my existence.

"Well if you haven't noticed I haven't been in school for 3 days so I wasn't aware that you had given us homework." I say loud enough for her to hear along with the rest of the class. Their was a hint of attitude in my tone, but I simply didn't care, she was rude first.

"Mrs. Blair if you have a complaint please wait till the end of class. Now stop disrupting my class and get to work!" She says raising her voice.

"You haven't even started the class, what work can we possibly do." I talk back, pointing the obvious, we were barely 10 minutes in.

"If you were here in the past classes, you would've known the assignments I told the class to do for this week. With that said I suggest you keep you comments to yourself unless you'd like to take it with the principal. " She says sternly, glancing my way and quickly returns to her desk.

I glare at her mentally screaming at her, but decided to keep it to myself. with my mood already ruined I begin to tap my pencil on the desk not caring how many death glares I receive from my beloved class mates.

After 20 minutes of boredom, C.J walks in with his book bag swung over on his shoulder and glances towards me with a smirk. He hands the teacher a late slip and she simply reaches for it without a single complaint.

He walks towards me and swiftly sits down next to me. I stare at her shocked that she didn't say anything to him, not even a simple 'why are you late' remark.

"What is it that you have that I don't?" I turn to C.J and look at him from head to toe examining him. Searching for something that can possibly give me the luck that he has.

"Well for starters I have a pen-" I cut him off knowing fully well where he was going with that sentence.

"Not that C." I glare at him.

"Hey don't look at me like that you asked." C.J. laughs raising his hands in surrender.

"I mean how can you just waltz in late and not get in trouble!" I yell at him clearly frustrated at the unfairness of this teacher.

"Well pumpkin, that's a secret I can not reveal." He smirks and looks away.

He's joking right, he thinks I'm going to let this go, boy please.

"First thing don't ever call me pumpkin that's something my grandparents would say."

He cringes at that, almost regretting ever calling me that in the first place.

I lift my second finger up "and second you are going to tell me." I raise my eyebrows at him waiting for his response, but he doesn't say anything. He stares at the board and writes everything down. Is he ignoring me.

"Excuse me are you ignoring me." I wave my hand in front of his face but that didn't do anything but get him to smile.

"C, come on tell me please." I say pleading hoping that maybe that will get him to talk to me. You can never go wrong with begging, no matter how desperate or dumb you may look, one day it will work.