"d-damien, I ne-need him."

"how's school going?" My mom asked as I step foot in the kitchen.

well hello to you too.

"It's going good, I guess?" I say more in a question.

I mean I'm not quite sure that's how every one greets there parents in the morning but apparently it's done here.

"That's really good." and awkward silence falls upon us.

I move cautiously to the fridge, feeling like she will pounce on me any second now.

"so... where's dad?" I say breaking the silence.

she looks up from reading her book, which may I add, I have never seen her read before. so that kind of set off a strange vibe when I walked in.

"He's probably in his study." She says taking a sip from her coffee, and looks back at her book.

I stare at her strangely but shrug it off and walk over to dad's study. I knock before walking in. I step in to find him with his glasses on looking over at his computer screen.

"Hey dad" I sit in the seat in front of his desk, putting my feet up on the chair.

"Hey sweetheart, morning" He greets me taking his glasses off and puts them to the aside. giving me he's undivided attention.

"What you doing?"  I question him taking a glance at he's computer screen

"Just going over some office work, had them piled up, now I'm trying to finish it up."

I nod my head in understanding. one thing my dad and I have in common is leaving everything for last minute. which is a bad habit because then we just end up craming everything in one day.

"So mom is acting pretty weird this morning." I say changing the subject. I pick up a pen from the desk and start clicking the end of it, making the point appear and disappear.

I can never do that in class because my teachers would send me to the office for disrupting the class. I know ridiculous.

he sighs heavily, looks like I hit the spot. they probably had an argument.

"Yeah, she's in one of her moods." He passes his hands through his hair making it messier then what it was before.

"What happened?" I asked softly, hoping that it will get him to talk.

but its almost impossible to get him to talk about his problems with mom, they always keep it to themselves and solve it on their own.

"I rather not talk about it, will handle it." He says putting his glasses back on. which is a sign of that's enough questions for the day.

though I only asked two, but I'd rather not push his buttons. I get up from my seat and make my way out his door and up to my room to change for school.

so far I've been pretty stable with my emotions, and I'm still in control with my actions. I'm just worried how bad it will get during school. 

Damien said he would call me to let me know when he's here, so I try to change as fast as I can just so that I don't keep him waiting. 10 minutes passes and there's no sign of Damien.

he hasn't called nor texted, I'm beginning to think he forgot about me. as the minutes go by so does my patience, I keep checking the time and it already 7 50, classes start at 8. Zach is already gone and I told Sarah that Damien was going to pick me up. my parents are already out to work so I have no source of transportation.

I dial Damien's number once again and it goes straight to voice mail. At that I angrily end the call and shove it in my bag I grab my keys and head for the 30 or so walk to school.