"Because I do care"

I shuffle around my bed trying to keep warm, it's incredibly cold in my room this morning, and it's exactly how I like it. I'm pretty odd I like sleeping in the cold I feel like I sleep faster and longer. it's been that way since I was born, my mom used to tell me that when I was younger I would take longer to sleep when it was hot then when it was cold.

well now we know why, I'm some kind of ice mermaid, or so it seems. It becomes lighter in my room and I groan in disappointment. I cover my face with my blanket causing any source of light to stay out. the last thing I want to do right now is wake up and go to school.

its extremely quite, and so peaceful, I feel like I can sleep all night long. but its soon ruined by a creak from my door, but I ignore it, wanting nothing more then to continue sleeping. soon enough the creak stops and it's once again silent in my room.

I feel a cool breeze on my feet and I try to cover it up with my blanket, but I can't. I start kicking my legs hoping that it would bring my blanket back down. I keep trying until I hit something incredibly hard, not a moment later I hear someone groan.

I reveal my head from under the blankets and look for the source of the the groan. I accidentally hit someone again on the face while lifting my blankets causing someone to fall on the ground.

"can you stop moving before you kill someone!" I hear someone growl from my bedroom floor.

I look down and see my brother on the floor with his hands on his chin.

"You expect me to stay still while someone is creeping up on me. sure, fine, I'll just lay here and wait till they grab me and kill me to into tiny little pieces." I finish looking at him exasperated.

"You kicked my chin and slapped my face!" He says bitterly.

"and you deserve that and much more." I say indifferently, getting up from my bed knowing I won't be able to go back to sleep.

"I'm never sneaking up on her again, if this is what's going to happen." I hear Zach mutter as I make my way to the closet.

"Hey where were you guys yesterday? I came home to an abandoned house." I say now remembering the events of yesterday.

"I was at a friend's house so was Carly and mom and dad where in some cousins house." He says unconcerned, with no interest in the matter.

he keeps rubbing his chin and wincing each time he rubs it. i cant help but feel a smile creep up on my lips, he totally deserved that.

"We have cousins here?" I question returning  my eyes on my clothes.

"apparently, dad's side of the family." He assures me.

"Well how come no one was picking up their phones I was calling everyone and no one was answering." I point out now looking at him with my arms crossed.

"Well my phone was dead, and dad said something about them not liking cell phones being used in the house, so they probably had it off." He shrugs and shoves his hands in his Jean's, making his way out the door.

well that answers my question except Carly  she always has her phone, maybe she had it on vibrate while she was gone. I shrug not caring anymore, as long as everyone is alive and home I'm perfectly fine.

I finally pick out my clothes and walk into my bathroom getting ready for this amazing day.

Note my sarcasm.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Alright tell me everything." Sarah says eagerly.