Transformation ✔

I hold my breath and close my eyes, as we go under, I'm still holding on to Damien scared to let go, we don't move, I've been holding my breath for about 10 seconds and I'm already panicking. I still don't open my eyes and I tighten my grip on Damien's hands.

I was about to swim up until I hear someone's voice.

"Wait not yet."

I keep my eyes closed, did I just hear someone talk to me? underwater?

"There's a possibility that you did" 

my eyes snap open and I can barely see anything, I strain my eyes to get a better look and finally notice Damien looking at me with a smirk.

"You know you can stop holding your breath now."

My eyes widen and eyebrows furrow, is he insane does he want me to drown.

"Trust me you'll be fine." I look at him a bit skeptical but I do as he says.

I let out the breath I was holding in, and on instinct I begin to breath in and my lungs begin to fill up, I have no idea how this is possible I'm actually breathing underwater. My heart begins to beat quickly, I was scared but excited at the same time.

"This is amazing." I tell him with a smile on my face.

" I know, but we're not done I need to help you transform."

"OK, but wait are you a mermaid or merman?" remembering what the crazy lady was talking about before. I look down and notice he still has both legs.

he laughs when I say merman. I'm sure that's the correct term for it.. right?

"Yes I am, but I haven't been able to transform."

Now I know the Lady was crazy she fooled this poor guy as well, I mean seriously those things are a myth, they don't exist but for the sake of saving an argument I play along.

"Why not?"

He sighs "well" He pauses for a second as if trying to get his thoughts together. "we need a partner to complete the transformation."

a partner, why does he need a partner? what does that have to do with anything? Alright I'm about almost done with this game.

"right, now you sound crazier then the lady."

"let me explain, so when you turn 16 you begin to experience physical changes. during those changes you'll also experience unnatural things like magic. In order to keep everything balanced you must drink sea water, doing so it causes you to change quicker and faster, the moment you drink sea water you'll start craving more of it and want to go into the water every second. while in the water you won't change into a tail until your partner transform with you. it's like your other half, without your partner you won't be complete."

He finishes and all I do is stare at him.

"What you're saying is that we're mates." I look at him confused, as he bursts out laughing.

"technically mates are for werewolves, we're not werewolves, besides those creatures are a myth." He says shrugging.

you're kidding right so werewolves can be a myth but a mermaid can't, seriously where are the cameras!

"There shouldn't be creatures in the first place, all this was a myth to me just a day ago!" I yell as I'm honestly finished with this bull.

"you expect me to believe this! you said you start to experience these changes when you turn 16, I was 17 when it started and it only got worse when I turned 18. So even if everything you're saying is 'true' that still doesn't explain why these things started to happen to me now."