Chapter Two: Walmart

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

My mom handed me, two Shawn Mendes tickets plus VIP passes.

"H-how did you get these? These are so expensive!" I said in disbelief, admiring the tickets.

"I know you always talk about him Jacob, and I know you deserve these tickets because you've been working so hard in school. As long as you're happy I'm happy." My mom explained

"Thank you so much mom, I love you so much." I said engulfing her in a hug, tears pouring out of my eyes.

"Love you too my son." My mom said hugging me back.

"Oh my god I have to tell Michele." I said running upstairs and into my room.

I belly flopped on my bed pulling out my phone and calling Michele.

"Sup hoe." Michele answered nonchalantly.

"MICHELE OH MY GOD YOU WON'T BELIVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED. I'M HIGH KEY HYPERVENTILATING RIGHT NOW." I said through the phone loudly and fast.

"Wait what happened?" Michele asked confused and worried.

"MY MOM GOT ME TWO TICKETS AND VIP PASSES TO SHAWN MENDES!" I said trying to catch my breath.

"Oh my god! You get to meet the love of your life!" Michele said excitedly.

"You need to come over tomorrow. It's Saturday and I need to teach you aboutShawn Mendes." I said calming down.

"Why me?" She asked confused.

"Because you should, and by should, I mean you will come with me to see the love of my life."

"I mean I guess."

-=+=-

It's the next day and Michele has been here for over 4 hours and all we've been doing was listening to Shawn Mendes, and watching cute Shawn Mendes compilation videos.

"When do you even see Shawn anyways? You've never even told me." Michele asked looking away from her phone.

"I don't know. I would get them, but they look so pretty in the frame." I responded still looking at my phone.

"Oh well. It could be today, and you might miss it." Michele said sighing.

My eyes widened and I immediately got up and Michele laughing at my reaction.

"How the hell do you open this damned thing?" I exclaimed frustrated. The frame the tickets were in wouldn't open.

"Let me." Michele said as she stood up from her spot, taking the frame and looking on the date, without removing the tickets. "It's in three days! It's this Tuesday!"

"Oh my god oh my god. I need to go shopping. I need to buy a new flannel. More Shawn merch, so many things." I panicked walking towards my nightstand to grab my wallet and my glasses. "Why are you just standing there? Let's go!"

"Go where?" Michele asked before taking out her phone.

"Is that like a rhetorical question or?" I asked confused.

"Just tell me in the car." Michele said grabbing her keys and bag off my bed. I laughed as I started to exit my room.

-=+=-

What bad can happen in three days? I mean there's Kaden but I've never had any major injury from him just yet. What if someone robs my house! What if they steal my tickets! I will cut someone. I have to start keeping a weapon in my room.

"Umm, Jacob. If you don't mind me asking, what's with the butcher knife?" Michele asked me worried and confused.

"It's for self defense just in case someone you know. Robs my house and steals my tickets." I said nonchalantly while swinging the knife to see how well I can cut people with it. "I think Rose here is a keeper."

"Rose? What is this, Titanic? You're Jacob not Jack." Michele said taking the knife out of my hands and placing it in the cart.

"I wish it was so Shawn could hold me. Except he would die. So never mind." I said rambling.

"If we were suppose to buy clothes, how the hell did we end up in the knife section of a Walmart?" Michele asked laughing.

"I understand this as much as you do." I answered Michele laughing as well.

"Well, I gotta go to the bathroom. You can wander and I'll text you." Michele said before walking to the bathroom.

I ended up walking to the music and book sections of Walmart. I picked up the "Handwritten" CD off a shelf and smiled as I held it.

"Just three more days, then I get to meet Shawn." I whispered to myself before putting two of the CDs in my cart. I'm not the one to listen to CDs because I don't have a CD player to play them on, but I can support Shawn this way plus I can just leave this in Michele's car so she can play them.

I wandered to the next aisle which was the books. I looked at the books placed in front of me, picking up a few to read the back of the book to see if the plot seems interesting. All was going well until I heard him.

"Well well, if it isn't the nerd in the book section. So not surprised to see you here."

I turned around to see Kaden standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I stuttered out, utterly confused on out of all people, Kaden is here in the book section.

"I was just getting a princess book for my little sister, and I stumbled upon you here." He said slowly walking towards me.

"Y-you don't have to do this here." I said trying to back up, but the shelves behind me prevented me from backing up any further.

"Well it's just me and you, with no one to interfere." He said walking right in front of me.

Which is true because this is the book section which no one usually goes to. Also, this is next to the CD section which no one really buys them due to the fact that people use their phones and electronic devices to buy and listen to their music.

A punch to my stomach brought me out of my thoughts in a painful way. A kick to my ankle made me fall to the floor as I groan in pain. He kicked my ankle once again and my ankle feels like it is going to fall off at any moment. As he prepares a kick to the stomach a small girl's voice can be heard.

"Kaden! Kaden! Did you find the book!" A girl said, probably Kaden's sister.

"Yes little one, I have it here." Kaden said holding up the book as she walks into the aisle.

"Yay!" She said excitedly as she hops up and down before looking at me. "Mister, are you okay?" She said walking up to me.

Kaden glared at me giving and if looks could kill, I would be killed without a doubt.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just tripped." I said as I tried to get up, staggering because of my ankle. Kaden smirked at me before grabbing his sister's hand.

"Okay Em, let's go back to mommy." Kaden said walking off with his sister.

"Okay! Bye mister!" She said waving to me before walking away.

A few minutes later, I was still struggling to walk around because of my ankle. As if my prayers have been answered, Michele walked into the aisle.

"I knew you would've been in here so how was your shop- oh my god what happened?" Michele asked before running up to me to help me stand.

"Kaden happened. I'm fine I'm fine." I said as I started hopping on one foot with the help of Michele.

"I need to get you to the doctor so they can check on your ankle." Michele said, basically carrying me out of the store.

"No no! I don't have money for the stay there! Just let me go home!" I pleaded.

-=+=-
Word Count; 1,309
Updated: 6/10/2016

Votes and Comments appreciated!