Chapter Thirty-Three: Bye Boyfriend

Jacob's POV

I walked into the cafe I worked at with an apron on heading to the back and Maria, my coworker looked at me weird.

"Jacob, you're supposed to be on vacation still." She said as I walked past her.

"Shawn, Jenna, and Michele went to an interview and I was all alone." I said as I entered the back room of the cafe which had small storage areas for the employees things and Maria followed me.

"And you didn't go because?" She asked.

"Because he's going to lie about stuff involving me and I'd rather not be there to listen." I answered.

"So you are dating!" She said excitedly and I just laughed.

"We can be whatever your heart wants us to be Maria." I said as I reached the register of the cafe, where the smell of coffee and baked goods was all over, "is it bad that I lowkey miss working."

"But you're dating him right?" Maria asked again and I shook my head rolling my eyes.

"No, I'm not dating him and I don't work at a cafe. Yes I'm dating him."

"You could've just said that!" She exclaimed laughing and I joined along.

-=+=-

"Jacob, where are you?" Michele yelled at me through the phone, "you said you were somewhere, and didn't say anything after that a few hours ago and then you just decide to call. Shawn is worried sick, he's leaving tomorrow you know that?"

"I know Michele, I went to work because I didn't want to see him pack his things because he's going back to being Shawn Mendes, the one and only Shawn Mendes where a bunch of pretty and horny girls will be hugging him at meet and greets and I don't want to think about it." I explained while sitting in my car in the driveway of my house where Michele, Jenna, and Shawn were.

"Look, I'm giving the phone to Shawn." Michele said, and my eyes widened and I started shaking my head no even though she couldn't see me.

"No, Michele don't!" I quickly said but then he spoke.

"Jacob where are you? I'm worried sick." Shawn said, and I could hear the sadness in his voice but I couldn't speak. Knowing that I'm the cause for his sadness right now hurts me, and I'm already emotional enough because he's leaving tomorrow.

"I, I." Was all I could get out before hanging up and throwing my phone to the back seat. I put my head into my hands and started crying.

Why am I acting like this? I have no idea. I think it's because I feel so emotionally attached to Shawn, someone who has shown me this much kindness, someone who I have developed feelings for. Maybe that's why. Maybe because I found someone who has shown me this much affection.

I felt the passenger side door open and I removed my hands from my eyes to see Shawn looking over at me, and I turned away not wanting to look at him. I heard him sigh before putting my hand in his own.

"What's wrong Jacob, please. It hurts me to see you like this." Shawn whispered to me, and I pulled my hand away from him, and left the car. I stood outside my door and crossed my arms across my chest, not wanting to move but at the same time wanting to run away. My brain is telling me to just go inside but my heart is telling me to stay. I heard the passenger side door open and close and then footsteps approaching me. I felt a hand on my shoulder, knowing it was Shawn I turned around, wrapped my arms around him and shoved my head into his chest, and I let all my emotions out.

"You can't go Shawn, you can't leave me I can't handle this." I sobbed out and I felt Shawn wrap his arms around me.

"Jacob, you know I don't want to leave but I have to." He spoke and I just sobbed. He lead me into the house and into my room, and I still refused to let go of him. Its only been a few days, and I am acting so clingy but I can't help myself. I've never had that many friends in life, and now that I have the chance to become close with people, and I've spent everyday with them for a week, letting go seems so hard to me. We will continue talking hopefully, but text messages and FaceTimes aren't the same as physically holding someone.