Chapter Twenty-Two: The Fair Part 1

Jacob's POV

I woke up, all excited to go to fair and spending all days there. The halloween trails start at 6PM, and we're heading there at 12. I have 3 hours to waste so I decided to take getting ready slow and steady.

I went to my closet and grabbed out the outfit I wanted to wear which was a red flannel and black jeans made my way to the shower with my phone.

During the shower, I played. songs and sang along to them. Sang badly to them by the way.

After my shower, I dried myself but left my hair alone to be a floppy mess because I'll fix it in my room.

As I was fixing my hair, trying to get it up, I was still singing because Little Things was on and I am not going to miss that. But, while I was fixing my hair, my door opened and I basically jumped 10 feet in the air, and a laugh followed.

"Oh my god that was hilarious!" Shawn said gasping for air, and I just let out a breath of relief.

"The amount of hatred I have towards you is a lot, but I'm okay because you weren't a murderer." I said, continuing to finish my hair, "I forgot I wasn't home alone."

"You're a good singer Jacob, I could help you start a career!" Shawn explained as he went straight to my bed, looking around because it's the first time he's been in there.

"Me? Sing? Oh no. I suck." I explained, looking at myself in the mirror feeling satisfied with my hair.

"No, I'm serious! It wasn't that bad! You even have a guitar, we could do duets and stuff." Shawn said getting up and walking towards the guitar.

"I could barely film a commercial project for school, and you expect me to film myself singing and where a million people could see? Yeah no." I said sitting on my bed, and he joined me with the guitar tuning it.

"Do you know how to play?" Shawn asked and I started getting nervous.

"I haven't played in awhile." I simply answered.

"This is a Gibson one too! Where did you get this." Shawn asked again, and I just sighed.

"My dad gave it to me." I said, and he immediately put the guitar down on the floor.

"Oh, I could put this-" Shawn started to speak, but I continued to talk.

"He gave it to me on my birthday. He would always see me watching videos of people playing guitar and he wanted me to have my own, he even taught me." I said picking up the guitar. "He taught me how to play Hallelujah, it was one of my favorite songs and we would sing it together. After he died, I left it on its case. It reminded me so much of him, that i couldn't handle playing it. My mom wanted me to play it at his funeral, but I couldn't bear the feeling of singing the song he taught me alone. He was always there with me, and giving the speech there was hard enough." I finished explaining, starting to tune the guitar.

"Wow," Shawn started, "you didn't have to tell me all that, but thank you."

"Let's not talk about me and sadness anymore, we have a fair to go to." I explained starting to stand, but Shawn pulled me back down and we looked at each other for a minute.

"If you're feeling down, don't be afraid to talk to me." Shawn said and I smiled nodding.

"I will, don't worry." I said getting up, with him following. "Now lets go to the fair."

-=+=-

We entered the fair, and I offered to buy us tickets but Shawn beat me to it.

It was Jenna, Michele, Shawn and I and I'm excited to be back here. Once Shawn returned, he gave tickets to Michele and Jenna, and they walked off to do girl things.