Chapter Thirty-Four: Falling Apart

Jacob's POV

Two months, it's been two months since Shawn left. Two months since I've been Shawn's boyfriend, and I've never been happier to be honest.

My mom has actually found a job that she enjoys and it pays enough so that she only needs one job instead of multiple. I actually have time to see her now and it makes me so happy.

Currently, Michele and I are just laying on the floor on our phones, she's doing whatever she does and I'm scrolling through my camera roll deciding what photo I should post on Instagram.

Speaking of Instagram, I've ended becoming somewhat popular because of how I'm supposedly Shawn's "close friend" which brought in more people to follow me.

"Senior year starts in two months, and I have no idea what I want to go after." I said as I got an email from some random college that I probably won't be applying to.

"What if you go Canada, and go to college near Shawn?" Michele asked looking up at me and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know, I don't want to leave my mom here with all the college debt." I answered simply.

"Speaking of Shawn, how are you guys? Have you said the L word yet?" Michele asked and I looked up at her about to answer with a long and complicated way of me saying no and how I don't know what 'loving' someone other than my mom or you but I got a FaceTime call from Shawn himself.

"Speak of the devil." I said a smile forming on my face. I answered the call and Shawn's face showed up on the screen.

"Have you checked the mail?" Shawn said immediately.

"Well hello to you too, and no I have not. Why?" I asked shaking my head.

"Go check it now?" He suggested and I stood up sighing.

"Making me go outside for the stupid mail." I said under my breath but Shawn and Michele heard and laughed.

"Okay, I feel like I'm third wheeling and he's not even here so I'm gonna go." Michele said she ruffled my hair and I groaned, "bye Shawn, bye Jacob!" Michele said.

"Bye!" Shawn and I said in unison as she left through the door.

"Why do you want me to check the mail so badly?" I said as I went to go look for the mail key.

"Because i need to know if my care package arrived for you." Shawn said innocently and I shook my head laughing.

"Why did you send a care package?" I asked as I left the house and putting my phone on my pocket with my mail key in hand and I saw my mom get out of her car, dizzily.

"Mom? What are you doing off work?" I asked confused walked up to her, she usually doesn't get off until 7, and it's currently 2.

"I just had a migraine that's all, it's no big deal." She said as she stumbled a bit, dropping her bag and keys before falling, and I ran over to catch her.

"Mom!" I yelled frantically as I caught her, and I had no idea what to do.

"Jacob? Jacob what's wrong? What happened?" I could hear Shawn asking, but all I could focus was on my mother.

"Help! Somebody please!" I yelled frantically and looked around and saw no one, "no no no no, please don't do this. You are not doing this." I whispered under my breath.

I carried her to her car, and put her in the backseat, and quickly put on her seatbelt and ran to the driver's seat.

"Mom, I don't know if you can hear me but please, stay with me. I love you so much, I don't know what I'd do without you." I said and looked at her, before making my way to the hospital.