Chapter Twenty-Six: Prep

Jacob's POV

"Will you go on a date with me?" Shawn asked, hope and fear in his eyes. I just stood there, eyes wide in confusion, looking at Shawn. He looked like he wanted to go hide, and I need to respond, but I'm still confused.

"U-umm, sure?" Was all I was able to get out, and it sounded like a question. His worry, and fear was replaced with relief.

"Really?" He said, full of hope looking up at me.

"Yes, I will go on a date with you." I answered, he smiled, and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you, Get ready, I'm going to go to Michele's house with my clothes and you stay here! I'll be here by 7! Well, Michele will be here by 7. She'll be our chauffeur!" Shawn explained, smiling brightly. I nodded, and Shawn went to the door, but when he opened it, Jenna and Michele tumbled in.

"Hey guys! Okay, well I'll be right back!" Michele said, and left with Shawn while Jenna stayed with me.

"Well, you and Michele are the only ones who can drive legally here, so you're gonna be stuck with me." Jenna explained.

"What just happened?" I asked, very much confused. Literally a minute ago, Shawn asked me on a date and never in a million years did I expect this to happen.

"Well, I think Shawn just asked you on a date, and you have about," Jenna paused to look at her wrist, and sighed when realizing there wasn't a watch there. She pulled out her phone and looked at it before talking, "six hours."

"Well that's perfect, I have five hours to have what just happened to soak in." I said jumping on the couch and trying to let the fact that Shawn just asked me out on a date just happened.

"Okay, not happening. Michele told me you take really long showers, can never decide what to wear, and complain about your hair looking bad." She explained and I glared at her, but then again, that's true.

"Well then Mrs. I-know-everything, what should my plan be?"

"Well, you need to start taking your shower now, because I need to start planning outfits for you to choose from." Jenna explained, grabbing me and dragging me towards the bathroom.

"Wait, I don't even know where I'm going." I said, pulling her to stop me.

"Yeah, that's the point of the first date, so?" Jenna responded in a tone that saying I should know this.

"What clothes am I supposed to dress up in?" I asked confused as I walked into my room and opened my closet.

"Once again, in picking your clothes, you just get into the shower and I'll have an assortment of outfits for you to choose!" Jenna said as she ushered me out of my room, and into the bathroom before closing the door.

"What have I gotten myself into?"

-=+=-

I walked into my room with sweatpants and a t-shirt and I looked on my bed to see 4 different outfits on the bed.

"Now Jacob, choose an outfit, and don't worry, these will all work for your date I promise you." Jenna said as she sat at my desk watching me choose.

One with a red flannel, grey shirt, and black jeans. The second with a a long a blue flannel and black jeans. The third one with a black sweater and black jeans. And the fourth outfit with a normal grey shirt and black skinny jeans.

Once again, I own a lot of skinny jeans that are black.

I picked up the last outfit Jenna had laid out, and looked over at her, she pointed to the bathroom for me to get changed.