Chapter Fourteen: Back To School

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SELF-HARM. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE READING THAT, THERE ARE "****" TO SIGNAL WHERE IT STARTS AND ENDS!

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

I woke up and I already want to go to bed. I hate school so much, and I do not want to go back to school.

I have to face Kaden, who put me in a hospital and Michele won't be there because of her fever.

I'm not that much worried about the schoolwork because I've been doing a good job at teaching myself because I don't have anything to do in my life.

I didn't want to put any effort in my outfit today, but I still wanted to look somewhat decent. I wore a plain black t-shirt and my ripped black skinny jeans. I really need new clothes. I went to the kitchen and once again, I am home alone, just the usual.

Michele already texted me that she wasn't going to school, but since I have my own car, I can bring myself to school. I quickly grabbed an apple, rinsed it off before getting into my car.

"Well, now its now or never."

-=+=-

I entered the school building with my head down, no one acknowledging me which is really shocking, because I would always get stares, but today seems different. Maybe today will be a not as bad day?

I went to my locker, put in the combination and opening it, but an envelope fell out. I looked around me and saw no one near me because I came pretty late so everyone is probably in class, or heading to class now.

I picked up the envelope, which wasn't sealed, which made it easier to open and read it to myself.

I know more about you than you know Jacob. I have a surprise for you soon, be prepared :)

After reading that sentence, I got goosebumps and all the color drained from my face. I looked around and still saw nothing. I quickly grabbed my supplies for Calculus, and made my way to class before I'm late to her class for a second time.

I walked into class with my head down, but my teacher called my name.

"Jacob, could I have a word with you?" I looked up, and walked towards her desk and gave a small nod, "you're not in trouble don't worry, I just wanted to let you know if you have any problems here at school or at home, don't be afraid to talk to me. You are one of the top students in your whole class."

"Okay, thank you." I said, she just nodded and returned to grading papers on her desk.

I'm not gonna tell her anything to be honest. I don't like the thought of a teacher knowing more about my personal life. Talking to a therapist was hard enough for me and talking to a teacher who probably doesn't care won't make this situation any better.

-=+=-

I'm in the locker room, after finishing my least favorite class in the whole world, gym. I always am the first to enter, the first to leave the locker room because that is where I always get made fun of being gay because people would say "I would stare" even though looking at that area would be the last thing I wanna do. As I was about to leave and head to the front of the school to wait for the bell, I accidentally ran into someone and stumbled.

"Well, the person I was looking for." I heard a voice say, the one voice I was dreading to hear. Kaden.

"Where's your friend? Did she leave you just like your dad did?" As soon as he brought up my dad, I froze in my spot and looked at him in the eyes, mine full with horror and his full of amusement.