Chapter Thirty-Seven: Epilogue

Jacob's POV

"Shawn, hurry! It's almost midnight!" I yelled excitedly, standing in next to the door.

"Babe, calm down. It's only," Shawn paused to look at his phone, "9:45. We have plenty of time until midnight."

"But the stars are important too!" I exclaimed as Shawn finally entered the main room dressed.

"Are you ready?" He asked me putting on a coat and I nodded excitedly, a bright smile on my face.

-=+=-

As soon as we parked, I grabbed the blanket and immediately bolted out of the car, running towards the park entrance, as I hear Shawn call my name behind me.

Shawn and I are finally going to Saturday Night Stars together, and I have never been here since my dad's accident. Although my wounds have yet to heal, having Shawn by my side makes them more bearable. Tonight is also even more memorable because this Saturday is also New Year's Eve, so I would never miss an opportunity to watch the stars and celebrate the new year with my love.

I've always imagined that I'd be here with my mom and dad. Knowing my dad, he'd always spend the two weeks before this event online shopping for the ugliest blanket to sit on, and my mom being my mom would always yell at him before it, but she would never change the blanket that he chooses to buy.

Me, being their child, would receive the countless text messages of photos of different blankets from different websites. I always replied with "wow I like it" and then which ever  parents I told it to that day, would boast to my other parents saying that "I liked their choice better."

Moments like those are the ones I took for granted growing up, and I would do anything to experience them once again.

Once I found the perfect spot, I threw the blanket down on the blanket on the floor, not caring that it was no where near places properly, and laid on top of it.

While lying down, my view of the stars we blocked by a certain someone standing in front of me, smiling while shaking his head.

"I'm not sure if I'm right babe, but I am assuming you're excited." Shawn said sitting down next to me.

"You could be right, or you could be wrong. I guess we will never know." I replied smiling.

He reached out to grab my hand but then we heard a female voice calling out a certain name.

"Shawn?" we looked over to see a girl coming over, and he waved with the hand that was supposed to grab mine, "oh my god it is you! I'm such a big fan!"

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you! What's your name?" Shawn asked the girl, and pulling her into a hug.

"I'm Serena!" She introduces herself before looking over at me, "oh my god, you're here with a friend, i'll get off your back but it was so nice to meet you!"

"No no it's fine!" I assured her, "did you want a picture! I know if I met my idol, i'd want a picture!"

"Are you sure that it's no problem? I really don't want to intrude." Serena asked, but I nodded and smiled, "thank you so much!"

She handed me her phone and she stood next to Shawn. I felt a pang of jealousy, but as I was once in that girl's position where I am obsessed with my idol, I let it pass.

"Thank you so much Shawn, and," she paused looking at me.

"Jacob! It was nice meeting you Serena." I said as she nodded and hugging.

"Thank you Jacob, and Shawn!" she said pulling away from the hug, "it was so nice meeting you both!"

Once we said our goodbyes, she finally walked away, assuming back to her family and friends.