Chapter Four: Maybe

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

I was staring at the mirror looking at myself, trying to make myself look presentable. I was deciding whether to keep the flannel around my waist or just remove it. My thoughts were interrupted by Michele barging through my front door.

"I'm here hoe let's go." Michele said grabbing my bag from the floor and heading back out the door. I took one more look at myself before keeping the flannel around my waist and I followed her to her truck and she was already inside, just closing her door. I quickly closed the front door, making sure it is locked before walking towards the passenger side of her truck. As soon as I entered, I opened the mirror in front of me to look at my hair to see if it is also presentable.

"You take so long to get ready. Even I don't take this long. And I'm a girl." Michele said, after she took a quick look at what I'm doing.

"I wanna make sure I look less ugly than what I already am. It's hard work." I said still trying to put my bangs the way I want them to be.

"It's school. Not a Shawn Mendes meet and greet. Which is tomorrow." Michele said pointing out and smiling.

That immediately made me look at her, my whole attitude changing because of how happy and lucky I am to be meeting Shawn.

"I know. I'm so excited for it. I have to bring my camera, and my Polaroid and my phone. I have to buy film too, just to be sure I have enough. And I have to charge my camera battery. There's so much work to be done Michele! I'm going to go mental soon." I said, out of breathe because of how fast I was speaking.

"Why are we even up so early. It's late start. We have an hour and thirty minutes before we classes start." Michele said as she started backing out the driveway.

"Well then. We go shopping again. Preferably without Kaden because I have that while shopping list that needs to be complete." I said while taking the car charger cord to put into my phone.

"True true." Michele agreed as she started driving towards the grocery store.

-=+=-

My cart was filled with my planned shopping list of a new flannel and three packs of polaroid film. I was finished shopping, but Michele isn't.

"Michele hurry you booty up, we have like fifteen minutes before classes start." I pointed out while putting my phone back in my pocket.

"I know I know, but I'm not sure on which candies I want for lunch. There are too many options here." Michele said while grabbing a Hershey's Almond bar and a Twix bar.

"Just buy them both." I said rushing her.

"Damn fine." Michele said putting both in the cart, along with a bag of Smarties and a Crunch bar.

We both walked to the self checkout because we both don't like socializing with strangers. I was scanning everything quickly because I did not want to ruin my perfect attendance and be late for class for my first time.

"Oh my Jesus you're so damn slow." I said while walking up to her scanning everything with my bags filled with the things I've bought.

"Calm down hoe, I'm about to pay for it." Michele said as she slowly pulled her wallet out, probably on purpose.

"You're so damn lucky that you're my best friend and my ride or I would not let you go with me to the Shawn Mendes concert." I said, earning a laugh from Michele

"You'd miss me too much." Michele said, picking up speed again to finish paying faster. "Okay lets go." Michele said, quickly grabbing her receipt along with her bags of candy.

We quickly exited the store and into Michele's truck. She drove faster than normal, because I requested it surprisingly, and reached the one place I did not want to be, but it is for my Perfect Attendance record, School, also known as Hell.

-=+=-

It's currently fourth hour, right before lunch and we shockingly made it on time without being late, which I am thankful. I haven't seen any sign of Kaden yet which is something I'm also thankful about. And I get to meet Shawn tomorrow which I am very thankful about. Maybe today won't be bad. Maybe my life is going to start going uphill after today. Just maybe.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself.

I'm currently in Japanese class but I've already studied the story we're reading and the kanji required for the class so I'm just doodling in my journal, but it looks like I'm taking notes. I never talk in classes, but my teachers see my high grades so they don't give me any attention, something I'm also thankful about.

During my doodling, the bell rang, and students started to stand up, ready to thank the teacher for teaching us, which is something we always do in the beginning and the end of my Japanese class. But, I did sit in the back so I was just collecting my things while my class did the thanking.

Once I saw students leaving the class, I finished putting all my stuff in my bag and started to exit with them. I quickly left the class without making any eye contact with my teacher as I headed toward my locker to put all of my stuff away for lunch.

I opened my locker and shoved my bag, along with my Japanese journal and textbook into my locker, but made sure it was nice and organized. I closed my locker and headed to the lunch room, unlocking my phone to ask Michele where she was but I was interrupted by a hand covering my mouth, and me being dragged into the bathroom. I panicked and tried to scream, but they were all muffled. The hand released me and I turned around to see who it was, but I heard his voice.

"Brandon, lock the door, make sure the cleaning sign is outside." Kaden said as he pushed me to the floor. "Hello there. It's time to have some fun." Kaden said smirking devilishly at me.

He quickly kicked me in the stomach, making my choke on my breathe and scream in pain. But no one outside could hear me because the door was sound proof. He kicked me in the stomach again, earning the same reaction from me. A scream in pain and kicking the air out of me. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me up to make me stand, but quickly kicked my ankle hard making me fall and once again scream in pain, tears starting to fall from my eyes. He repeated the process of picking me up and kicking me in the ankle again two more times, each time making me fall harder onto the floor.

He picked me up one more time, but I was struggling to stand because my ankle was in so much pain, more pain than last time. He quickly shoved me against the stall, making me hit the door and me stumbling and falling to the floor.

But this fall was different. As I fell, the back of my head hit the floor hard. I remember feeling pain in my ankle and my head as Kaden was speaking.

"Okay Brandon let's go, before anyone gets suspicious." Kaden said, for some reason he locked my phone and put it on the floor next to me. He quickly left the bathroom, leaving me in pain on the floor, my eyes feeling heavy.

That was all I remembered, before I blacked out.

-=+=-
Word Count: 1,286
Updated: 6/23/2016

Voted and Comments are appreciated!