Chapter Thirteen: Conversations

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

"Shawn i can't even, you'll never guess what I got!" I said excitedly. My mom left pretty soon after she brought the car back because her friend was waiting outside to bring her back to work.

"Chicken butt?"

"No, but my mom ACTUALLY got me a car!" I said jumping in my room excited.

"That's amazing! What type of car?"

"Its a black Jeep Wrangler, the four seated one." I said, unsure of which type I have.

"You have a Jeep too! We both have matching cars now! Your mom has an amazing choice in cars."

"And an amazing choice of which child to give birth too." I said, praising myself.

"Sure, Jacob, sure." Shawn said unconvinced. "Anyways, I have to go, I'm gonna go adventure this city for a bit, I'll text you?"

"Yeah! Bye Shawn!" I said, he smiled and hung up the call. I sighed to myself, and closed my laptop, contemplating what to do for the next hour and a half for school to get out so Michele and I could do something, because right now, I'm bored out of my mind.

I grabbed my phone to see one message on it from Michele.

Michele Obama: Hoe, could you make me soup and bring it to me.

Me: Why would I go back to the home of the devil

Me: YOU'RE SO FUNNY TO THINK I'M GONNA GO THERE.

Michele Obama: Smh I'm not at school

Michele Obama: I'm home, I caught a fever somehow, and no symptoms showed up until today.

Me: You sick little duckling, I'll bring you soup. Be there in 30.

I put my phone away, and put on clothes that were more appropriate for a quick trip to the store. You thought I was gonna make it? Last time I made noodles, I almost put the house on fire. Sadly, I'm not joking.

I changed into black skinny jeans and a grey sweater. I quickly grabbed my wallet which had my license, debit card, and some spare cash, before making my way into the living room to find my keys to my car on a coffee table. I grabbed the keys, and made sure I had my house keys as well because I have yet to buy a lanyard.

I made my way into the garage and got into my car, the first time I have done this, and looked around. My mom even put the remote to open the garage.

This is why I really love and appreciate my mom. She's been sacrificing so much time and money for me, something my parents have done ever since I was like 7.

"Now Jacob, you're licensed to drive, you just have to remember how to drive." I said grasping the steering wheel. I grabbed the keys and put inside the ignition, turning it to turn it on.

I made sure my rear view mirror arranged perfectly, before opening the garage. I put my car on reverse, stepping on the gas slowly, trying to get used to being in a car again.

I got my license as soon as I turned 16. My mom taught me once I got my permit because she wanted me to be able to drive as soon as possible so I could make quick and fast trips to the store if we needed something and she was too tired to drive.

Once I was on the road, I closed the garage, switched gears and made my way to my work to buy some soup.

-=+=-

"Hey Jacob, what're you doing here?" My coworker Maria asked.

"Just buying some soup for my friend, could I get chicken noodle soup to go please?" I asked pulling out my wallet.