Chapter Twelve: Second Surprise

Edited: No

Jacob's POV

After a few hours of using FaceTime with Shawn, and going through a bunch of photos, which brought up emotional memories to be honest, but it was needed.

Shawn and I have been bonding and he's been getting to know more about me while FaceTiming. I didn't tell him too much just because he's Shawn Mendes, but I told him stuff because we are starting to build a new friendship.

Its so interesting how this new friendship is building all because I passed out in front of him. What if the whole Kaden drama never happened? Would me and Shawn be talking over FaceTime right now?

I low-key thank Kaden for ruining my life, because maybe I would not be friends with Shawn right now. But then again, Kaden has basically made my life a living hell just because I wanna live a normal life but my sexuality is ruining it.

"And, finished!" I exclaimed excite, stepping back, to admire my masterpiece.

"Move me so I can see!" Shawn said excitedly, and I positioned the camera so he can see the new decoration I have added. "That's amazing Jacob, good job."

"Thanks Shawn, now I just need my mom to get home to see this."

With all the photos I had, I made copies of a lot of them to use for my wall. I made all the photos spell "DAD" on my wall. I've always wanted to have something dedicated to him and this is an even larger step in trying to be able to close my wounds that my dad's death left behind.

"Jacob, are you home?" I heard my mom's voice, a door being closed right after.

"I'm in my room mother!" I yelled through the door and I heard footsteps coming closer to my door and she opened peeking her head through.

"Hey J, whats with all the photos?" She asked walking closer and picking up a photo, a smile forming on her lips.

"Because look at my wall." I said pointing to my wall. She stood up from her seat, a small gasp being heard before walking towards it, inspecting the photos.

"J, I love this so much." She said, not taking her eyes off the photos. "I know his death was hard for you but look how far you've gone."

"I visited his grave today."

"You did? Honey, I'm so proud of you." She said walking towards me to engulf me in a hug. "Don't keep blaming yourself, just because you wanted him with us that day, doesn't mean you killed him. The idiot driver should be the one dead, not him." My mom said, her voice cracking, which broke my heart.

"Don't cry mom, you're gonna make cry."

"I know, I just miss him. Like if he just went with us from the beginning of-" She was explaining but I cut her off because she was unaware of Shawn listening in on our conversation, and I did not want her to explain my whole dad situation with him here, because I'm not ready for anyone to find out yet.

I don't know if I'll ever be ready to explain the whole story about my dad. Ever since I've become friends with Shawn, he's now always a returning subject. Maybe this is a sign that he will be the first to find out.

It is really starting to hurt me to be honest. It hurts that I haven't told Michele. She's been with me from the beginning, yet I have yet to build the confidence to tell her. I trust her with all my heart, with all my life, but I have yet to tell her.

"Don't bring it up, lets just be happy that he's in a better place now." I said pulling away from the hug, and she wiped her tears.

"You're right, you're right, I'm gonna go make dinner. I'll call you when its finished." My mom said leaving the room, "Love you."