Chapter Thirty: Car Talks, and Mall Walks

Jacob's POV

"Jacob can we go to the mall?" Shawn asked, "I'm feeling much better."

Shawn was sitting on the table, his cold has gone down because of how fast we reacted to it, but his symptoms are still there. I'm currently sitting across from him on my laptop scrolling through Twitter, I'm on there often. Shawn hasn't been on twitter for awhile, so I'm still pretty sure he hasn't seen the photos but maybe it's better if he doesn't know.

"I'm broke right now Shawn. I haven't been to work in awhile." I told him.

"I have money, I could pay for you." Shawn offered and I looked up at him, and rolled my eyes, "hey that's mean."

"I'm not gonna have you pay for everything, so no mall." I said.

"How about a date 1.5 now you can't say no." Shawn said getting out from his seat and going behind me, wrapping his arms around me, "you know you want to go. You're driving me everywhere so basically we're even if I pay."

"I don't know Shawn, I don't want you to spend money on me." I spoke, resting my head on him.

"You do know what I do for a living?" Shawn asked, "Money isn't an issue for me."

"Yeah, I went to your concert I know what you do," I answered smiling, "but I don't want you to think that I'm using you for your money."

"I know when people want me for my money, you don't because you've letting me stay in your house for the week." Shawn said laughing, and I just shook my head.

"So my acting has paid off!" I exclaimed, laughing earning more laughs from Shawn.

"Shut up and let's go."

-=+=-

Shawn and I were currently on our way to the mall and I thought we were just hanging out as friends, but Shawn was actually being serious about the whole 'date 1.5' because he wants to be a gentleman, but it's not office date worthy.

"Shawn, can I ask you something?" I asked as I reached a stoplight.

"You just did." Shawn answered, looking over at me with a smile.

"I will push you out of this car I swear to god."

"Okay, okay, what's up?" Shawn asked.

"So you do know you performed here not to long ago?" I started.

"Yes."

"And you do know that concert was sold out?" I continued.

"Really? I do now." Shawn, a wider smiler on his face.

"And you do realize that fans will probably be at the mall?" I asked.

"Yessir." He answered.

"So you do know they will see us on our date 1.5 right?" I finally asked.

"Umm, I do now." He answered, now realizing what I was leading to.

"Just thought you should know." I said as I continued to drive.

I took one hand off the wheel and put it to the side, and Shawn took the opportunity to intertwine our fingers.

"Don't worry Jacob, I'll figure it out as we go. We'll just say you're my friend, boom problem solved." Shawn answered, a wide smile on his face as he held my hand.

"What if you get mobbed, and then they take you away. You're my Shawnie." I said as I lifted our hands up, "see, our hands are connected so you're basically my dog."