Chapter Twenty-Three: The Fair Part 2

Jacob's POV

Shawn and I are currently  making our way to the Halloween fair and this is something I currently have mixed feelings about. Let's just say, I don't really enjoy getting scared that much so this is going to be fun.

"Jacob! You are walking so slow!" Shawn said, pulling me out of my thoughts, and I just did a small laugh, and continued at my pace. He let out a frustrated sigh before grabbing my hand and started to pull me, and I was not expecting that so I was stumbling as he pulled me.

I was trying to regain my balance because he continued to pull me so I had no idea where we were until he stopped, and then I realized I was falling.

But before I could hit the ground, I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I was hoisted back up onto my feet.

"I saved you there Jacob, you basically owe me your life." Shawn said smiling.

"Wow, you're my knight in shining armor." I said with a fake princess sounding voice, which caused him to laugh at me.

"Well Jacob, lets get started!" Shawn said dragging me towards the lady at the booth to the haunted maze.

"So, two for the lovely couple?" The lady said smiling, and I looked at her confused, until I looked down to Shawn and I's hand that is somehow intertwined.

"O-oh no! We're just friends! Good friends! The best of friends!" I stuttered out, blushing and releasing his hand, as Shawn and the girl laughed at my reaction.

"Yeah, two tickets for me and my boyfriend." Shawn said, putting emphasis on boyfriend.

"Boyfriend and I." I mumbled out correcting him, which  caused the girl to laugh once again.

"Okay okay, head on in." The girl said, motioning us to enter the maze.

"Let's go!" Shawn said excitedly entering the maze, grabbing my wrist and dragging me once again to enter.

When I enter, all I see are flashing lights, and I immediately want to leave.

"Shawn, have I mentioned I hate you for doing this to me?" I said, looking around to see if anything has a chance of killing me.

"Not yet," Shawn started, but before he could continue talking, a person with a scary looking mask and a knife jumps out, screaming.

I yelped and jumped, pushing Shawn forward, looking back to make sure I couldn't see him and stopped.

"I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this." I repeated multiple times, and Shawn just laughed. But the happiness didn't last for long because a loud thunder sound effect went off, startling me. I jumped, before grabbing onto Shawn, hoping he would protect me from all these bad, evil, and cruel things.

"I'm here don't worry." Shawn said, walking, and I slowly started to release myself from him, but before I could do so, another person jumped out screaming, and startling me once again, and I jumped running ahead a bit.

"I hate this!" I yelled as I ran forward, but stopping because I couldn't see Shawn when I turned around. "Shawn! Where are you!" I said looking around, but all I could see were the flashing lights.

All of a sudden, I felt a hand wrap around my shoulder, and I turned around about to yell for Shawn, until I realized it was him, and I immediately hugged him, and pulled away quickly.

"Can we just hurry this up, I'm kind of dying right now." I said, and he just laughed at me.

"Sure thing." He answered as he continued walking, as if nothing here is fazing him.